Vacation? More like suspension

Back home.

-

It's been two whole days of being home. Vice Admiral Garp is still on the other side of the island awaiting orders from Sengoku. Who left after my knock out to discuss things with his boss. Yeah, things have gotten pretty serious. I mean they were still pretty serious when it involved the Vice Admirals, Admiral, and Fleet Admiral. But I think it has just bumped up to a new level, now the Sengoku's boss, the Commander in Chief Gorosei who is over the whole world Goverment is now involved.

Sigh.

I have already said hello to everyone, and so many people wanted to hear about my adventures. It was quite humorous. Now all that was left is for the boys to make it to town.

"Coffee please Makino. " I sigh again, letting my chin rest on palm, elbow placed firmly on the table. I nod a thanks, blowing away the steam. Then my ears pick it up. The sound of rushed steps and shouts from a small distance.

The door slams open and Ace and Sabo push their way through both trying to be first. I half expected Luffy to plow through them but sadly he doesn't. I stand and kneel to embrace them both tightly, a large smile worming it's way onto my face.

"Hi boys. Where's Luffy?" I question pulling back to get a good look. I cup both their cheeks, giving a light pinch. Ace glares, his freckles still sticking out proudly, he has his father's eyes. He rocks the mixture quite well actually. I turn to Sabo who was smiling widely, his blonde hair poked out of his hat stating it has grown out and needs cut again but otherwise he looks the exact same.

"Luffy's outside arguing with some pirate about becoming Pirate King." Sabo informs, grabbing onto my hand with both of his.

"Which is stupid, because I'm going to become a pirate first and have a better chance." Ace glares stubbornly, crossing his arms. I tense, hearing about the pirates, but shrug it off. They wouldn't be here would they? Could they? I mean we made it here. No it's not them. I shouldn't worry so much.

Just then -for the second time that day- the doors slam open. Gyoro this fish seller from the port rushes in and straight to us.

"Luffy just picked a fight with a pirate. And he's really mad!" he gasps out.

"What pirates?" Makino asks worriedly.

"Whitebeard Pirates! Please Mara, hurry!"

Of course they would be here too. But why?

We rush out of the bar and into street to see that- indeed Whitebeard pirates are in town, and Luffy had also picked a fight with one of the no names and was being held up by his shirt. The man that held him also had drawn back his fist to hit Luffy. The brunette male had a nasty glare pinned on Luffy and sported a purple tattoo on his forearm that bound him to Whitebeard.

Oh hell no.

And why is Luffy always picking fights with people that can kill him? What is wrong with this child?

Ace and Sabo both took a fighting stance about to just jump in blindly when I step in front of them.

"Stay!" I order, running forward and kicking -over Luffy's head- the pirate in the face adding a spin, and by default forcing him to drop Luffy. I grab him into my arms holding him tightly. Turning to see the pirate roll to a stop at Marco's feet. And by at Marco's  feet. I actually mean, Marco had to stop him from rolling into a stall with a well placed foot to the gut, holding him still and glancing down at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you Zero?" Marco asks.

'Zero' turns to point at me with a shaking hand, "That witch is crazy."