Patient? No, Experiment.

It had been hours since they took her.

Mara had given herself up. And now she was in the most pain she had ever had to endure. Cody clenched his fist, his jaw tight as he listened to Mara scream again. It had to be- hands down, the worst sound he ever heard.

He didnt have a clue as to what they were doing to her to make her sound like this, he just wanted it to stop. For Mara to be back on Garp's ship, he would even accept it if she were simply in this cell with him again. He couldn't wait to get his hands on the old man who claimed himself a Doctor.

Only minutes after they woke, the doctor came over the microphone saying that his operation was an open show for all to hear- since the two pirates and one marine couldn't be trusted to sit still and watch.

The doctor had happily noted Mara had woken and failed to mention that her friends were listening as he spoke. Then shuffles could be heard, and Mara voiced her disapproval for needles. Seconds later the screaming started. And carried on since. The three men were restless, none had ever been held prisoner before, let alone be trapped with their natural enemies -which definitely added to it.

Then almost an hour passed of nothing but the sound of labored breathing could be heard between the screams- with the occasional buzzing and whizzing tools.

"Alright. It's time Thatch." Marco stood, along with his friend.

"What's going on? What are you planning?" Cody asks, hurrying to his feet as well.

"We are breaking out of here." Marco comments dryly taking a stance like Mara had instructed before. To say Marco didn't like the kid-marine was an understatement. Especially after the stunt he pulled early, which not only got them all knocked out but got his own teammate taken.

Marco officially loathed the marine.

Thatch nods and runs forward. Marco tosses him up he bounces off one wall and barrels into the metal door. The door dents significantly and fly's into the opposite wall. Thatch smirks as he takes out two men who had been standing guard. Marco turns to the marine.

"You coming or staying?"

Cody debates his options and decides he needs to save Mara, but he might need a little itty bit of help from the pirates. He accepted the help out the room but made it very clear to Marco they would never be on the same side. Which Marco could happily agree.

Thatch smacked a button that opened all the doors and made stairs come out of the walls, opening a pathway for all of the pirates and marine.

Once all the marines and pirates were gathered in the hall they divided to marines on one side, pirates on the other. As a fight almost broke out, the end of the hallway started shaking and cracking and explodes. Everyone is sent into coughing fits and some try to wave away the dust.

Whitebeard and Garp stand in the gaping hole.

"Pops!"

"Vice Admiral Garp!"

"Garp." Whitebeard turns to look at his enemy.

"Whitebeard," Garp also turns with a glare, "I don't care what you do. My marines will-" Garp drifts off into silence as another scream comes from cell three.

Marco and Thatch wince hearing the sound.

Cody tenses.

"What was that?" A pirate asked.

"That sounded like..." A marine drifted off with a gulp.

"Mara." The name is whispered off Garp's lips but it echoes loudly in the quit hall. His whole face turned dark as he looked down, his fist clenching at his sides.