Part four.

This chapter might get confusing but I tried to explain everything the best I could, if you are still confused let me know whether in a pm or a comment I don't mind either.

And pay attention, the POV changes at least three times in this chapter.

----------

Back on the island.

Well that went bad very quickly.

We could hear as more marines swamped the island. Order after order was shouted, bullet after bullet shot, it was a war zone.

I don't even understand how it got to this in a matter of minutes.

Two minutes ago I had heard an extremely familiar voice giving orders loudly - Smoker. And if Smoker is here, I could bet money Aokiji is here as well.

Probably searching for me in all honesty.

I avoided another kick, vaulting over Marco's head. Then tensing, my eyes widening as a familiar chill fills the air. The same chill before Aokiji releases his attack.

"Jump!" I exclaim without thinking, placing a platform for me to kneel on once in the air, Marco follows suit large blue fiery feathers erupt keeping him up. Just as his feet left the ground the once green forest turned into an icy blue wasteland, the trees freezing over as well. This is bad. For me and Marco, I can already see the barely concealed disappointment hidden in my old teachers eyes and he wasn't even close yet.

"Well..." I mumble, seeing my breath form a cloud in front of me. "You're screwed."

He glares lightly, "Yeah right. I'm not afraid of your precious Admiral."

"I am." I frown downward- well not of him.. but of the implications of getting caught that came with him and his high status. "You should leave now. He could get Thatch." I try anyways.

"Not a chance girly."

"Alright," I shrug. "You're funeral. Or his"

--- 3rd Person.

"If Mara gets shot with a stray bullet she's gonna be pissed." Captain Smoker grumbles munching a cigar and frowning deeply.

"Well then, we had better hurry." Admiral Aokiji sighs and together they set off into the frozen forest.

They had searched through most the forest when they had finally heard the sounds of battle, in the dark you could clearly see blue fire shooting to and fro, then suddenly rearing up, having hit an invisible wall.

Both high ranking marines step into the small clearing. And the fighting stops, Mara sending a cocky smirk at the glaring pirate before taking the advantage of slapping a seastone cuff onto the stunned pirate's left wrist.

Though this knocks Marco into action, he rears back, yanking the cuffs out of Mara's hands and with impeccable speed he slaps the second cuff onto Mara's left wrist. Then dragging her to his body, his right hand cupping her throat and her right hand weakly gripping his wrist.

"You aren't very smart for a Lieutanant Commander, are you girly?" Marco taunts, a dangerous aura emanating from the pirate.

"Shut up phoenix! You aren't very smart either, especially for being First Mate to Whitebeard!-" she gasped when his hand tilted up around her jawline.

"I would watch my tongue if I was you girly." He tsk's forcing her head back to lean against his chest. Smoker's hand twitches and Marco sees it, tightening his grip on Mara and slowly backing up. "You might not want to do that mr. Smoker."