kai

kai: noun
in some places, it's a term used for food. because he is scrumptious.

'I knew I'd catch you alone if I came early.'

Oh fuck.

'W-what are you doing here?', I was dumbfounded.

I thought he left? Why is he here in his damn tights again?!

Kai used to dance with us, that's how he and I met. We were the 'ultimate couple', or so I've heard. I guess always being chosen for each showcase as leads say something about us. Our chemistry worked out even better because we truly were madly in love with each other in reality. Or at least I was.
Kai left midway last year to pursue a career in modelling and that's probably how our relationship got screwed over.

'I-um, I'm coming back for a while, the modelling business is a little slow...', he said, scratching his neck.

'No one liked you enough to publish you on their covers? Unfortunate.', I said, disgusted.

He looked like I stabbed him with a knife and twisted it further into his body. This was the first time I've spoken to him since the night I caught him cheating.

'Rose... I misse-'

I dropped my bag and the pointe shoes inside made loud noise when they came into contact with the floor.

'Sorry, what was that?', I asked inattentively, taking off my layers of clothing as he watched me from across the room.

I do not have time to deal with your bullshit, Basque.

'I've heard that you've been talking about me.', a smile appeared on Kai's face.

Bree you fucking yenta.

I was limbering at the barre. Looking over at him, I saw that his face genuinely light up.

I missed that.

Kai was the first person I ever loved, probably the only person. It's not something you can easily omit. Even after what he's done to me.

'I'm sorry, Rose. I know that an apology isn't good enough at all, but I realised what I've done and I realised what I've lost...', Kai said.

He was never afraid of saying what he felt and always knew what he wanted.

Unlike someone else.

'Can I at least take you out? To try to mend what happened?', he requested.

What do I even say to that?

'Please, it's been so long.'

Soon, a group of people noisily barged into the studio, talking loudly amongst each other. Other students followed, greeting Kai and crowding around him.

Thank God.

I turned to face the barre, stretching my hamstrings.

'Why didn't you reply to my messages?'

Who's come to bother me now?