coda : epilogue

coda: noun
a concluding event, remark or section.
the finale of a ballet in which the dancers parade before the audience.

[play media]

A Year Later...

8 pm

'Taehyung, I cannot believe you're dragging me to this.'

'Rose, I'm sorry, but I think being chosen as a judge is a high form a regard. You should be thanking me.', he replied, fixing the broach on my dress.

I lifted my gown up, slipping my sore feet into a pair of heels.

'Oh, I was only chosen by you because Mrs. Charitze fell ill.'

'The academy loves you.'

Taehyung opened the door pointing at the car waiting outside.

'They hate me. You just needed me to come so you wouldn't be bored to death.', I scrambled across the room, in search of my purse.

'I hate these things. I quit dancing for a reason.', Taehyung rolled his eyes, a sly glint in them.

Huffing and puffing, I stood up straight in front of the gorgeous man.

'How do I look?', I smiled.

Kim Taehyung brushed a ringlet of hair behind my ear, cupping my jaw with his delicate hands.

Mimicking my smile, he said, 'You look like you just danced Kitri in all three acts of Don Quixote- you're sweating like a hippo, your dress belongs to a century old peasant and your hair looks like a stork's nest.'

My face dropped. Taehyung shoved me outside the house, closing it behind him.

'But we'll work with what we've got, now get inside the town car.'

I don't look that bad.

'Jada's rubbing off on you too much.', I grumbled as I sat in the limousine.

9 pm

We were being ushered into the colossal auditorium that I was once very accustomed to.

The best seats were set on a podium, along with a table in front of us. Chairs, place cards, itineraries and evaluation charts, four of each, were placed before us.

'Oh, Rose, how lovely of you to make it.', Mr. Alexander greeted.

I gave a tight lipped smile right back to my grey-haired mentor.

'The pleasure is all mine. Thank you for inviting me.'

'No, thank you for coming on such short notice... With your busy schedule and all...'

'Oh, it's my evening off, I'm dancing next week's show.'

Mr. Alexander cleared his throat, 'Of course, congratulations.'

Taehyung put his palm against my back, guiding me towards my seat. He pulled out a chair for me before seating himself.

'If any more women throw themselves at me, I might need to call Jada.', Taehyung whispered, straightening out his jacket.