My Way (4/4)

John's P. O. V.

As I stepped out of my building, blood was rushing in my veins, making my ears buzz with adrenaline.

I was clenching my fists as I walked the streets fast. Alexander's apartment wasn't very far from mine.

Something told me I was going to find that Jefferson bastard there. And I was right. As I walked through the halls a tall figure towered before me, blocking my way.

"Where is him?" He pushed me against the wall.

"Somewhere safe away from you, you piece of shit." I growled, brushing my finger under my nose as I breathed deeply, concentrating in not to lose my shit... Just yet.

"Ha!" He mocked. "You are pathetic, just like him, can understand why he likes you. " He spat on the floor in front of me.

What?

"The hell you mean, asshat?"

"Don't try to fool me, Laurens, you know damn well that whore is head over heels for you." He laughed sarcastically. "He even got the guts to tell me to my face."

I had mixed emotions in that moment. My heart fluttered at the fact that Alexander loved me back. On the other side, I wanted to punch the hell out of Thomas for insulting him.

"And your solution to that was almost killing him? I blurted.

" His bitchy ass needed a lesson, and I gave it to him" He laughed mischievously.

And so that was it. My fist flies to his jaw, making him almost falling back. He looks at me with rage in his eyes and he attempts to punch me, but I move aside, throwing a punch to his ribs.

He manages to recompose and before I can calculate, he throws a punch t9 my cheek.

I grabbed him by his collar. Having him close made me realize. He had been drinking. I hit repeatedly on his face, I let go of him, and he finally falls over his back with a loud thud.

He was whining and struggling to talk. His face was swollen and bloody. Just like he left Alex's.

I probably had a bruise on my cheek. He could barely touch me, his movements where sloppy and erratic. He was obviously drunk.

"Listen here, Jefferson, " I walked over him and and lowered my mouth to his ear. "If you ever dare to touch Alexander, or look at him, or even breath near him, I swear that I'm sending you to the hospital. " He looked at me.

He was conscious enough to understand my words. Tears filled his eyes.

What the fuck?

"I do not deserve him, I know. " He simply said. He looked blankly to the ceiling.

Oh my god, not now.

"Just fucking stay away from us. "

I walked away and rushed out of the building.

I had business to complete.

*********

Alex's P. O. V

I was sitting on the couch. I decided to take a shower a while ago, I was wearing John's boxers, and also John's big ass T-shirt.

I've been waiting by the door anxiously.

I wasn't completely over the fact that John Laurens kissed me and confessed his love to me less than an hour ago.

I did loved him back. I realized that some time ago. And Thomas knew it. He obviously wasn't very pleased by it.

But I knew John had anger issues as well. Did I have some kind of pattern by selecting partners? No.

John probably got annoyed quickly, but he never exploded, he always tried to get through things and calm down. Cause he is sweet like that.

I guessed I was with Thomas cause I haven't realized yet when I said yes.

My head was a mess, and it was starting to ache. My whole body ached, but I tried my best to stay awake until John comes back.

Just as if my prayer had been answered, the door of John's apartment swung open.

A really sweaty and messy-haired John entered the place, closing the door behind him. He connected eyes with me and his gaze was blank I approached him and hugged the life out of his body.

He answered the hug tightly and sighed, pulling back. His cheek was purpled up with a large bruise on it.

"Oh my god!" I cupped his face and looked at hum, concerned.

"It's okay Lex." Mumbling, he took my hands away, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"But w-what happened?" I stuttered.

"Let's just get conformed by the fact that Jefferson isn't coming near you ever. " He deadpanned.

I kept silence. All this problem. It made me anxious. I didn't want any of it.

"Alex?" He grabbed my wrist softly. "Are you okay?"

"Why do things have to be this way? I don't understand. " My voice cracked as I shook my head.

He hugged me once more, resting my head on his chest and stroking my back. "It's over now, Lex. Things are going to be better."

"I just wish I knew how to...-" I trailed off, breathing heavily "I just wish I could do things the right way. "

He took my face in his hands and made me look at him " You're making your best, I know. " He nodded. "Now it's time to do this our way. Can you help me out with that? " He questioned, rubbing my temple with his thumbs.

I nodded. "Yes."

He nodded too and furrowed his eyebrows a little. "There's something...-" He cut himself  off.

"What?"

"Is it true that you love me back, Alexander?" He seemed nervous by my answer as I opened my mouth.

"I-" My face was feeling a little hot as I nodded. "It was a little late when 8 realized, but yes. I do love you. "

He grinned genuinely and nodded. "Perfect."

"I'm very far from that. " I chuckled as I rested my head on him again.

"You are on your own way, Alexander. We all are. "

************

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I finally finished this. Hope you like it <three

Also.

OMG ALMOST 500 READS!!!!!!!!!!!
AHAJSNDISSIANSJDUSHWIEUDBDDJJDSJS8SKSJSSUU

YOU ARE THE FUHUUUUUUKING BEST GUYS!!

Remember that you are loved and lovely, always <3