A Toast To Your Best Friend

A/n: I apologize in anticipation.

Dearest Alexander,

Let me start telling you that I do not wish you to take pity of me after you read this letter. All you have to know is that no matter what you did, I will always love you.

Yes, Alexander, I am, I fact, completely and helplessly in  love with you. Since the moment you entered the room with Lafayette holding your hand and introducing you as the new kid, who also happened to be our new roommate.

I know it might sound stupid, but I couldn't help it. You looked just so bright and beautiful. The shy smile you wore it's going to be forever in my mind. You seemed so confident and so fearless. It caught my eye immediately.

I was more than pleased when you started talking with me and unconsciously, the closer we got, the more I fell for you.

I believed it was a crush and simply that, but that night after the lighting storm that I found you covered in blankets and whimpering, when you cried in my shoulder and fell asleep over me. After that morning when you decided I've earned your trust and you told me everything about your past. The way you hugged me and thanked me. I knew that it was the end of me.

Soon after that you started calling me your 'best friend'. Don't get me wrong, I was proud and felt genuinely happy that you felt close to me and that I was that one person that you will always go to.