Chapter 12

After you walk into the light, the pain subsides. You feel save here, like nothing can hurt you anymore. You feel someones hand link with yours. You turn and see Phyrra. She smiles at you sadly. " Hey Phyrra," you say softly.

" Hey (y/n). I guess this is the afterlife."

" Are you in any pain," you ask. She shakes her head. " No. It all left me when I came here." You nod. " Same for me."

The two of you stand in silence for a while, before she rests her head on your shoulder. You look at her surprised. " I was so scared," she admits. " Before you, I was all alone here."

" Even though we're dead, it's good to see you again," you tell her. " When you died, I just lost it. The rest of our team is still okay though."

" If you try hard enough, you can actually see them," Phyrra tells you. " It's how I knew you were coming."

You reach out, and see the formation of Team RNJR. " I'm going to miss them," you admit. She expresses her agreement.

" I know you fought Cinder to protect us," you say. " So, I'm sorry I got killed and squandered that."

She places her hand on your cheek, and makes you turn to look at her. " It's okay. I'm just glad that you're here."

" I never got to tell you this. I love you Phyrra." You brace yourself for the worst, which you tell yourself can't be worse than having died.

" I love you too," she says. " I realized that you were the one who were always with me, and was by my side. In the final moments of my life, it was you that I thought of."

" Well then, in that case the afterlife isn't all that bad," you state. She rolls her eyes and pulls you in for a hug. Tears well in her eyes. " Hey...it's okay. Nothing's ever going to hurt you anymore Phyrra."

You hold her for a few minutes, and she lets go. She pulls you in for a kiss, which lasts for a while. Even though you're dead, you need to break for air. The two of you stand side by side, and watch over your friends, and stay with each other as lovers