one

Arabella's POV

My brother, Steve Harrington, and I had just made it to school before the final bell rung. I had sped to my locker, quickly pulling my books out, some papers falling to the floor in the process, and slamming the metal door shut. I made my way through the empty hallways toward my first class.

I opened the door and all eyes were immediately on me.

"So sorry I'm late, Mr. Clarke..." I sat down in my usual seat in the back and stared ahead. It seems that I had interrupted the arrival of a new student. To say I was intimidated was an understatement. He had a light brown mullet and a set of blue eyes that looked annoyed and mischievous. One hand was in his pocket while the other twirled a cigarette between two tanned fingers. My eyes traveled over his body to see he was wearing tight jeans.

I had seen the boys at Hawkins High attempt the trend and most couldn't pull it off, but this new guy knew what he was doing.

"Let's start that over again, shall we? Class this is Billy Hargrove all the way from California! You adjusting well, Billy?" The boy, Billy, ignored Mr. Clarke by throwing his head back and letting out a noticeable sigh. "Well, Billy, you can take any empty seat." Mr. Clarke gave a small smile and watched with nervous eyes as he sat two seats away from me and glared straight ahead.

The lesson quickly ended and Mr. Clarke let us go early. Billy was the first to aggressively push out of his seat and stalk to the door, towering slightly over most of the students.

***

By the end of the day everyone knew who Billy Hargrove was. He was the new boytoy for the girls, the new competition for the boys, and slowly, but surely, taking over my brother's place as king of Hawkins High.

I was waiting for Steve to be let out of his last class while leaning against his car.

"Are you seriously a Harrington?" A deep, raspy voice sounded beside me. I jumped realizing it was Billy, by far one of the scariest boys I've ever seen. "I mean your brother sure is up there with everybody, but you, you don't really strike me as a social butterfly.  You sure got the looks, though." I opened my mouth to speak, but found myself too frightened to say anything. A groan came from the back of his throat and he threw his head back.

"You're late...". His attention was turned to a thirteen year old, ginger haired girl.  She muttered something about homework before getting in his car.  Billy shook his head and opened his door, eyes focusing on something behind me.

"Bella, c'mon. Get in the car."  I heard Steve's voice and turned around.  Steve was raising his eyebrows at me so I finally got the hint to open my door and get in.  Once I was in the quiet car alone, I could hear the two boys yelling at each other.

Steve slammed his car door shut and started the engine, quickly backing out. 

"Why were you guys yelling at each other?"  Steve sighed, grip tightening on the steering wheel.

"Because the shithead doesn't know when to shut his mouth!"  I slightly cringed at his choice of words.  Profanity wasn't my thing and I wasn't a big fan of it. 

"What do you mean? In class today it didn't seem like he talked at all." 

"In class? How many classes do you have with him exactly?" 

"Just a few, why-"

"Well, in those few classes I want you to stay away from him. Got it?"  I nodded my head. It's not like I would go anywhere near him anyways.  He's scary.

-blazingdemon