Chapter 6- Not All Humans Are Bad

Later that morning, Koba was about to head out with Grey and Stone, he mounted his horse but was stopped by Caesar.

"Koba!", he called. Koba turned around to see an angry Caesar approach, he walked up to him where their faces almost touched. His eyes flicked with rage and he sneered at him.

"Leave. Clova. Alone.", he warned. 

He put pressure on every word showing that he was serious.  Koba in return huffed and mounted his horse again and left the Ape Village, recruited with Stone and Grey. Caesar watched him leave, a snarl on his face, he walked back to his hut still angry about Koba's attitude. 

Cornelius and Clova sat down on the floor by their moss bed, they were being watched by Blue Eyes as Cornelia was out with some female apes. Cornelius attempted to teach Clova some sign but again failed, instead, Clova would mash her hands together as she tried to copy Cornelius. Blue Eyes laughed at his brother's slight impatience as he screeched in annoyance.

"Take it easy, she's still too young.", he reminded. 

"I know, but I want her to learn so we can communicate better.", the young chimp sighed. Blue Eyes rubbed Cornelius' head, amused. Caesar entered their den, he sat beside Blue Eyes and sighed in frustration. Blue Eyes looked concerned for his father's unusual behaviour and tapped his shoulder.

"What's wrong?", he questioned. Caesar huffed and replied simply.

"Koba.", he answered. Blue Eyes too got frustrated and rolled his eyes.

"What's his deal against Clova?", he complained.

Caesar's snarl was still there and answered. "He hates what humans did to him.", he explained, he took a pause to sigh in disappointment, "He sees Clova as one of the bad humans and will not forgive what they did to him.", he finished. Blue Eyes nodded slightly in understandment, however, his point remained the same.

"I still refuse to see how that has anything to do with Clova.", he replied stubbornly. Not caring about Koba's grudge against all humans due to his traumatic past. 

"Not all humans are bad.", he signed honestly.