Chapter 15- Practice Makes Perfect

Clova snapped her eyes open, her body shook rapidly. She turned her head and Cornelius was rocked her arm back and forth, he grinned cheekily when she narrowed her eyes at him frustrated.

"Father wants you down now."

Before she could process what happened, she was seated in the main room of the Maurice's hut in front of Caesar and Maurice. Maurice drew the letter 'A' on the stone wall then looked back to Clova, her face tried not to express the amount of boredom she felt brewing inside her.

"In english, name me anything starting with this letter.", he signed to her. Clova nodded and thought for a moment.

"A-apes.", she stuttered. Maurice gurgled happily.

"Well done!", he praised. Caesar smiled proudly at her improvement.

"Another one.", Maurice said as he rubbed out the previous letter and wrote another one on the wall.

Clova tapped her chin. "Br-branches."

Maurice clapped for her. "Good, another one!"

A whole alphabet later, Clova walked back home as she held Caesar's hand.

"You did well.", he congratulated. She looked up and smiled at him.

"Will Blue Eyes and Cornelius learn to speak too?", she signed.

"Blue Eyes knows some english but rarely uses it and Cornelius is too young."

When they reached home, the hut was empty. Clova looked in all the rooms.

"Where's everyone?", she asked.

"Your mother is with Cornelius at school and Blue Eyes went fishing with Ash.", he replied. Clova nodded and then yawned, her eyes felt droopy and she rubbed them tiredly. Clova really wasn't an early person.

"Go sleep.", Caesar told her.

She stubbornly shook her head slowly, the urge to sleep beginning to affect her. Before she dropped to the ground, Caesar picked her up and gently tossed her on his back and walked to the bed.

He placed her down and used her spare jacket to cover her up. Caesar was about to leave when Clova's hand was glued to his arm, she refused to let go when he gently pulled his arm back. Admitting defeat, he laid down beside her until she fell asleep completely but Clova used that opportunity to snuggle into his fur and wrapped her arms around him to ensure he wouldn't leave.

Caesar huffed in slight annoyance, sometimes Clova reminded him of Cornelia as she could be just as stubborn. He smiled however at the sound of her soft snores and eventually gave in and fell asleep as well.

Authors note:

Sorry this chapter was so short, it will be longer next time. I promise.