# 4.

She entered the main hall with a furious aura surrounding her. Eiko was close behind, stumbling here and there, trying to catch up with her mistress. Nobody on her way to this place tried to come in her way, those who already were scooted away as soon as possible, not willing to face the Dragon-princess's wrath. She stopped in front of the empty throne, kneeling down with respect to the power it holds. The power that would be her's one day. Behind the throne, on the wall was the sigil of her proud clan. A golden dragon holding a sword in its claws on black background, the symbol that represents the Ryuuketsueki clan.

She gets up from her bowing stance, turning right to face the woman who called her here. A hateful look emerged on Amaya's features at the sight of the woman.

Although, the woman responsible to ignite such a reaction out of her was unfazed by her anger. Aara Ryuuketsueki, once the daughter of Yamura clan's leader, was used to getting this kind of attitude from her daughter. Amaya's antiques amused her to no end. The two women hated each other, despite being mother and daughter. But Aara never let it show, keeping a loving mother's act in front of others, where as Amaya made her hatred for her mother pretty clear.

"What do you want, 'Mother'?", Amaya sneered.

Aara looks up at her daughter and smirks, "oh! Its so good to see you my girl. I haven't seen you in quite a while. You visit to me had become more... Rare." she says lovingly, fake sweetness dripping from her voice.

"Ohh! Stop buttering me up. Why did you call me here? " Amaya says, she was losing patience with each passing second.

"So rude, Amaya. Where did you learn to behave like that. It's so unbecoming of a princess. " Aara says in mock concern, a hand on her chest.

"hn... Look who is talking about being unbecoming of something... " Amaya smirked, voice filled with sarcasm.

Aara looks at her straight, her posture changes completely while a scowl made its way up to her face and lips arched. She was used to getting cold shoulder from this girl, but that outburst hit an open nerve.
But the queen knew better than to react at this moment. She needs Amaya's approval at any cost. So, she gulped down her anger, her cold facade back in its place.

"I have something important to tell you. So listen to me carefully, girl." Aara says sternly.

"Go on." Amaya smirks. She knew how to push Aara's buttons to bring her straight to the point. She can't bare to stay in this woman's presence a second longer than needed.

"You are the last of your clan Amaya. Its survival depends on you. You must understand that." says Aara.

"I do understand. But where are you going with this?"

"Before your father died, he looked into this matter." Aara takes a dramatic pause, averting her eyes towards the statue of her dead husband, which was standing proud along with his ancestors in the great hall of the Ryuuketsueki threshold.

Amaya follows her line of vision. Her gaze softened seeing the proud expression on the statue's face. Her father, the last and the most kindest King of her clan.

Aara looked at her daughter, a bitter-sweet smile splayed on her lips. "I know I wronged him.... more than once. We made a mess of our marriage. Your father and I. And I accept that I have done many things, I shouldn't have. But this is about you. His daughter. His most treasured possession... Amaya.. "

Amaya looks at her.

"Your father... fixed your marriage with the second son of Batsuma Senju, who was then the leader of the Senju clan. It was done when you both were children. It was an alliance that would save your kind and strengthen theirs. Now its Your duty to honour this promise."Aara's eyes softened, looking at her daughter, "But. It is still your choice, child.... So take your time to think, and let me know, if you are willing to take Tobirama Senju as your mate. If not... We will find a way out of this...arrangement."

This surprised Amaya. She blinked confused at the woman in front of her. Never in her whole life has her mother ever showed this side of herself. This was the first time, she had accepted her fault in the blunders she had caused in her own marriage. And she was also giving Amaya a choice. Amaya knew it very well that women in her times are rarely given  this privilege. Especially one in her circumstances. But she has been given a fair choice, even if it might end up in them losing a powerful ally.

"I will let you know." Amaya says softly and leaves the room. Not before giving one last glance to her mother, beads of tears were falling from her eyes.

(Aara Ryuuketsueki)

(Aara Ryuuketsueki)