I. The Encounter

Most of her morning walks were made up of 'the' unchanging routine. Always starting with the long morning walks in the park. She picked up her pace trying to ease her mind. She sees it as not only invigorating but also welcomes the sense of peace that it is repleted with.

She ran through the boulevard leading to the park with her earphones in place, listening to Halsey's Without Me, taking in all of the boulevard's enchanting view, most boulevards in the city looked tame but this particular one was wild, giving the 'one with nature' feel.

She felt at rest with the melodious chirping of birds and the cool breeze caressing her face as it swept her hair backwards, it made her relax and for the meantime forget about the pains in her heart -The burden and responsibility of not just being an only child but the legal heir to the vast fortunes of the Adams-

She would be of legal age in a few month time and then become the CEO of the largest thriving company in California. She just needed to turn eighteen and that's in six-months time, she wasn't aware a lot could take place in that pan of time. For now, her mind was somewhere else, she couldn't even start thinking of the main cause of her pain, the reason for the nightmares.

She sighed as she thought out loud. "I just need a breather." But how can one take a breather from being one's self? she pondered.

She was still deep in thought while jogging when she absentmindedly bumped into a person who fell, sprawled on the floor with a shocked expression.

Both girls were speechless at first.

"Am so sorry I really didn't_"

she was cut off as the other girl raised her hand meaning for her to stop talking, stood up and brushed the dirt off herself, and said, "I know it wasn't intentional, don't bother yourself, my name is Cara and am new around here, just relocated, what is your name?" Cara asked grinning.

"My name is Hai-hailey." She stuttered not knowing what to make of this friendliness the other girl was obviously set on establishing.

Hailey studied her.

Cara was the same stature as she, with Jet black curly hair, almond eyes, straight nose and a bit of an accent. All in all, Cara was beautiful.

"I like your name, just like that of Hope's mum in the Originals. Do you know you are the first person of my own age I have met so far since we just relocated here last week? It is nice meeting you Hailey..." Cara chirped as she rambled on, much to the chagrin of Hailey whose peaceful walk just took a nosedive.

It took all of her will power to keep her calm facade and not snap at Cara. Hailey wasn't used to people after a long period of staying in a cocoon namely her home.

Since the tragedy that reshaped her life she became a recluse even shutting her relatives out, not trusting any one. Moreover, she wasn't keen on making new friends since she distanced herself from her old friends and right now she doesn't have any spare time for this happy-go-lucky chap.

"huh?"

She said when she realised Cara just spoke to her while she was carried away by her thoughts.

"Where do you live?" Cara repeated her question while watching Hailey. "I uhm, I uh-I got to go now, I apologise once more for the trouble." and with that Hailey was off.