XIV. My Date

Grey was stunned and stupefied beyond all reasoning.
Standing before him at the door anxiously waiting for him to speak up was Cara.

"A simple "hi" would make the atmosphere less awkward for me like right now." Hailey said with an amused expression, her work indeed paid off.

Grey turned his head to her, he was so enraptured with the beauty in front of him that he never took notice of the second person.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were there, Hailey, right?"

"My invisibility tact worked today that am in pink?! Just great! Am not offended at all and yes am Hailey." Hailey finished in a sharp tone which made Grey cringe.

Cara giggled. "Hailey give him some breathing space, he is over-whelmed  by it all."

"It is true. It's like coming into a castle to pick up the modern cinderella. Hailey it is nice to officially meet you."

They shook hands.

"The pleasure is all mine." Hailey said. "Okay, you two, get going." She said.

Grey took Cara's hand like a gentleman with her palm on top and together they moved to leave, just then Hailey turned and called out to them.

"Bring her back before 11, that's her curfew, don't try anything funny and Mr Grey, don't be late." She said as she dramatically turned and left them.

"Is she being real right now?" Grey asked.

"That is Hailey for you." Cara laughed. "You clean up well, Mr Grey." Cara giggled for the second time that day and commended him. He was wearing a-three piece Grey Italian suit which complimented his eyes and his hair was styled back post nineties. "Thanks Cara, you look beautiful, graceful and elegant tonight and all mine."

"Hey! Don't get ahead of yourself."

Both of them laughed and the atmosphere was free from the earlier tension.

"Sorry, I was late, I got stuck with an Emergency at work and then traffic... I would have called sooner."

"It's no problem, it wasn't like we sat down and idly waited for your call with the phone in the centre table." She finished guiltily in one breath.

Grey laughed and looked at her. "You went through all that for my call?"

"Of course not." she swooned when his dimple showed but held onto the little dignity she had left.

"I can tell when you are lying Cara,you tend to cross your fingers." She looked down and her fingers really were crossed. She sighed then pouted, old habits do die hard. Grey laughed at her pout and his laugh was music to her ears, soft and low.

"Don't worry, I kinda like that...you are such a sweetheart." He said to make her smile and it worked.

"Were are we going?" She asked.

"Get in." He said as he opened the door of  his Maserati for her. "You will see." He said as he returned the smile Cara gave him then shut the car door and walked around to the drivers side of the car, sat and then drove off.

Hailey watched both couples go, they were made for each other no doubt. Grey kept looking at Cara with adoration shining through his eyes and Cara had the same lovestruck look too.

She was glad when she heard Cara's dad was doing okay but Phoebe was still hell bent on the divorce, and to her annoyance she knew the reason why, because of one Tessa. She had a background search done on the temptress and learnt that Tessa's father also works for one of the Adams many companies.