Epilogue

*A Year Later*

Hailey woke up at the sound of the Alarm. She slept soundly now. No more nightmares but she still wasn't comfortable.
It was precisely a year now since Cara left.

It was boxing day and everyone was in the penthouse. It was like a tradition; Cara brought them all together and this way she was remembered.

Hailey trudged downstairs where she met Phoebe who was making pancakes in the kitchen, she sat on the kitchen Island, greeted Phoebe and took a pancake, munching silently in thought.

"You miss her, right?" Phoebe asked while tossing the pancakes in the pan.

"Very much." Hailey replied with a far away look.

"We all do Hailey, we all do, just try to be happy, Brent is here."

Hailey gave a weak smile just as Mr Sullivan breezed into the kitchen and hugged his wife from behind who nearly dropped the pancakes in fright. Hailey left the couple alone when Phoebe was scolding him in a playful manner.

Graduation was over and Hailey was fully in charge of her father's businesses and so far it was thriving more than ever.

She was loved and respected at her work place and she followed in her father's footstep being a philanthropist and doing humanitarian deeds, she was very influential and humble.
She was happier with her new family -the Sullivans- and her friends, although she knew no one could replace Cara.

She went to check on Brent. He was probably still sleeping, he wasn't exactly a morning person.
She drew the blinds open, closed her eyes and soaked in the sunlight.

"Urrgh...why is everything so bright?" Brent complained groggily while pulling the blanket over his head.

Hailey laughed and said. "It is a beautiful day, that is why. And you need to get up." She said the 'up' while simultaneously yanking the blanket away.

"Hailey, stop already!" Brent pouted. "your antics aren't funny, you are just like—" Brent stopped himself in time just as Hailey finished his sentence.
"Cara." she said with a bitter tone.

"Come on, you need to live a little, it's not like Cara—" Hailey glared at him. "Okay, I'll need to wash up then let's go eat something, my stomach is roaring." Brent said trying to change the subject and she smiled.

"Okay."

-----------

"Where is Grey?" Brent asked as he lazily strolled towards the group in the living room with Hailey by his side.

"On his way to the airport."

"Really?" Hailey asked unable to control her excitement as she plopped on the sofa between Phoebe and Mr Sullivan, to the chagrin of the latter.

"Yes Hailey, but he should be back in time for the barbecue." Phoebe completed her reply.

"Speaking of barbecue, am famished." Brent said as he made his way to the kitchen.

"Are you through with the decorations?" Brent asked Hailey as he came in with a plate containing a piece of cake.

"No, it is not my forte,it is—"