You Were The One

This is for Srutipattanayak

You were the one who made me laugh when my heart felt heavy, the one who held my hand as the tears fell, the one who picked up the phone on the first ring, and let me pour my tired heart out for the thousandth time. You were the one who texted me reminding me of the love I deserve. 
It was you who showed me my worth, time and time again. Encouraging me when I was down, celebrating with me when I was up, supporting me on the days I didn’t believe in myself.
It was you who taught me that time and distance don’t have power over a real connection. It was you who showed me that real love doesn’t leave, doesn’t run, doesn’t fade when the roads turn and twist.

It was you who showed me who I was and had the potential to be, time and time again, when I was too distracted by fear and sweet nothings and empty promises to notice I had wandered away from you, away from myself.
And it was you who taught me what love was.

It was you who showed me that love stays, that love fights, that love is next you, walking with you every step of the way. You, who showed me that love doesn’t change with the seasons or life’s obstacles. You, who reminded me that I was wonderful and valued and important and worthy.

It was you who was there for me whenever I needed you. It was you who gave me strength when I was down, who reminded me of all I had fought through and all the potential I had left to be. 

So thank you. Thank you for being the person who didn’t leave, didn’t drift with time, didn’t make me feel as if love has conditions and rules.
Thank you for showing me the love I hope to find one day with a romantic partner—a love that is real, and pure, and embedded in your heart—a soul connection.

I know these words will never be enough to tell you all that you mean to me. Just know that I am the person I am because of the care you’ve shown me. And I only hope that we’ll be in each other’s lives as long as we’re on this earth - sharing late night conversations, ice creams at sunset, and all our secrets until the sun comes up. Thank you for being you.

***********************************
A/N : Tag your close friends and tell them how much you love them. ❤