Chapter 4: My Body, My Soul

Jeremy's POV

I guess it's complicated. My life, my friends, my family. It's all one huge mess that I can't make sense of what so ever. If you were to understand where I was coming from I'd have to start way back at the beginning. My first birth.

FLASHBACK

"Come on Jer!" 

A little boy ran towards his younger twin shouting in glee at the passing scenery, most of all the nature.

PRESENT

My sister Hela and I are twins, people expect us to be similar but we're not. We are complete opposites. She's night, I'm day.

We were born 2000 years ago, it seems like a long time but to us it's just a portion of a very long and torturous life. We grew up together, me learning all I could wanting to know more about the living world were as my sister just caused mayhem and distress. I learned all I could at a young age so I didn't attend class as a teen unlike my twin, instead I trained to fight alongside our father and got to know the people of my home. 

I'll always remember my first death at the hands of the Ice Giants of Jotenheim when I was merely 18 years of age. 

FLASHBACK

"Look our Jeremiah!!" 

A man of 6'5 with long brown hair tied at the back of his head turned and was stabbed through the heart sending him to his early death. 

PRESENT

It was then I got the first of my marks. The story from my birth to my death leading from the back of my right hand leading up to the left side of my chest. The stump of my tree was also formed in the gardens where I had played as a child and the base of my spine which grew as the years went by.

 After my death I was overcome with the desire to see beyinf my home so I travelled via bifrost all the way to Midguard. Here I met many a people, helped the poor and hungry so they could live to see another day. On my travels I came across a man who had the desire to spend eternity with his beloved, me admiring his devotion continued to talk to this man, who I learned was Silas, who eventually introduced me to his beloved Amara. 

Most of my time from then on was spent with Silas helping him with anything he needed doing or leaving in my own to help those in need. Eventually Silas managed to become immortal but Amara died mere hours she became immortal, Silas swore revenge so a powerful witch buried him in a tomb with a plant, which would cure him of immortality, to rest.

After this I left Midguard I didn't returned until 1000 years later. I found myself in the town which many centuries later would be named Mystic Falls. I helped the towns folk with crops, helping to keep them alive(the plants and the people) and helped train the men to defend themselves and help defend the women and children. 

I here met another powerful witch named Ayana who introduced me to her protégée, Ester. I befriended those of Esters family quickly the children like my own siblings and Mikael and Ester parents, all except for their daughter Rebekah. As we grew closer we fell deeper into a loved blessed by her parents who respected me for the man I was.

I had to leave soon after outlet marriage was announced back home so I could inform the Allfather of the news. I never made it back to Midguard for another 500 years due to my over jealous sister stabbing in the heart with my sword, the only thing that can kill me albeit temporarily.

During this time I was ambushed and held hostage by witches whom I eventually escaped from. A church offered to take me in who I asked to stab me with my sword so these witches could not find me (although the truth was I couldn't bare to live in this world without Rebekah). 

My soul has rested peacefully until 17 years ago when my spirit left my body which was buried in a chamber under a still standing church. It was put into a family wanting a child we're my memories left me until Bonnie helped me to regain them.

I know now what I have to do:

Wake up and kill Silas.