Chapter 24: Driving Letters

Pepper POV

It's been 3 1/2 months since we returned from Asguard. Everyone's been different. They've all had the weight of Jeremiah's disappearance on their shoulders thinking they could have done more. I still think back to how we all split up after we got back and never stayed in contact with the vampires of Mystic Falls. Had things been different and Jeremiah hadn't of vanished I have a strong feeling things would of been different. I still think back to that period and how we should of all kept up communication to help each other in our grief. We all may not have known him that well but it was hard not to like Jeremiah. 

"Hey Peps What you thinking about?" Said Tony as he came onto the communal floor for all the team. I look up at him and see the bags under his eyes knowing he was up all night trying to keep his thoughts at bay. 

"Nothing" I reply with a smile I hope is believeable. He gives me a look telling me to cut the bullshit. "Fine, I was thinking about our friends in Mysyic Falls".

At this Tony gets a pained look on his face, telling me he regretted not keeping in contact as well. "Well I guess we'll never know what would have become of that friendship. I guess we all reminded each other too much of Jeremiah" Replied Tony in a somber tone remembering our fallen friend. "Well what I originally came up to ask you was if you wanted to come hang out with  me and the rest of the team in Central Park, Caps idea something about fresh air and wellbeing" he said, so I stood up and grabbed my purse following Tony into the elevators. 

-TIME SKIP- 

We'd been in Central Park for awhile now in a sucluded part laughing and being normal when I turned my head to dodge food getting thrown in my face when I see three people walking towards us, the tallest clearly reluctant. The reluctant one seems familiar as I keep looking trying to figure out where I know him from. 

"Bucky?" I hear Steve say making me gasp in recognition as the rest of the team turn to face Bucky as he approaches with the two other, a male and female.

"Hey Punk hows everything going?" Is the first thing he says barely getting his words out before Steve is pulling him into a bone crushing hug. I look at the two with Bucky who look to be in their late teens and also seem wary but not as reluctant as Bucky had. 

"How are you here?" Said Steve as he pulled back to stare Bucky in the face.

"I survived falling off the train, lost my arm though" as he said this he held up god left arm and pulled off his glove to reveal sleek and shinny metal. "Hydra caught me, made me into their weapon to assassinate whoever they wanted. They brain washed me put me on ice I guess, I can't remember the actually sciencey word for it" He said avoiding eye contact with anyone as he fidgeted where he was stood. My guess is he expected to see disappointment or resent in everyone's eyes but we were all frozen in shock at the pain he'd had to endure. 

"Mind controls a bitch huh?" Said Clint first knowing first hand what it was like to be controlled as Natasha nodded her ascent while Bucky just laughed. 

"Who are your friends?" I asked my curiousity breaking through. 

"Oh I'm Wanda Maximoff and this is my brother Pietro." The female told me making me wonder if they were the ones to help Bucky escape Hydra. 

"We were with Hydra for awhile but someone helped us get out" Said Pietro making Bruce ask who helped them escape. 

"He never told us a name, only said to give Thor Odinson a letter and not to open it" Said Wanda as she pulled a letter out of her red leather jacket and handing it to Thor.

"Why don't we go back to the tower and open the letter and catch up and stuff?" Suggested Tony not wanting some scandal to come out of the meeting which would most likely happen. We all nodded our ascent so we headed back to the tower and got drinks after calming Bucky down after hearing JARVIS. 

"Open the letter!!" Said Clint like a kid on Christmas morning making me roll my eyes. As Thor read the letter his expressions changed from shocked to angry to defeat. We all looked at him curiously awaiting answers to who the letter was from. 

"Who was it from?" Asked Pietro wanting to know who helped him and his sister to escape Hydra. 

"Jeremiah" 

——————————

Silas POV

"So you want to go to Mystic Falls so you can meet your doppelgänger so he can help you find Jeremy?" Asked Jughead as I was packing my clothes into a duffel bag after waiting for 3 1/2 months after everyone's persistence that Jeremiah would be able to escape by himself, that he was strong enough. 

"That is exactly what I want to do, without you joining me you don't have to get involved in all of this supernatural shit" I said as I went about finishing packing my clothes into the bag. 

"If you hadn't noticed we are already involved. Besides it's not like there's anything we need to stay here for" Betty said before I cut her off by saying "school" which she replied with "start of summer break remember" making me drop my head in defeat. 

"Fine we leave at sunrise tomorrow if your not already in the car when I want to set off no matter if you were just putting a bag in the trunk I will leave" I said although I really hated the thought of them getting involved. They all cheered and went to their homes so they could pack a bag and inform their parents as Betty went to the next room to inform her mother. 

-TIME SKIP- 

By the time I went down stairs the next morning I noticed the house was eerily quiet as I made my way outside to the car just as the sun started to rise. I looked at the car only to take a step back as I saw my four friends asleep in the car leaving the drivers seat free so I could drive to Mystic Falls. 

I put my bag in the trunk and opened the car door shocking my friends into waking up causing Beronica to groan about it being too early before curling back up in the passenger seat. I set off driving to Mystic Falls whilst talking to Jughead and Archie as Betty and Veronica were asleep. By the time night fell we were nearly at Mystic Falls with only six hours left of driving. We bought rooms for a motel and slept until I woke everyone up at 5am for breakfast. Once we'd eaten and gotten back on the road it was exactly 6am and in another 6 hours of finally be meeting my doppelgänger.