Chapter 18: Disappearance and Rememberance

Katherine POV 

When I walked out of the boarding house I went in the direction I saw Jeremiah walking in. I followed him until he stopped in a clearing. I was about to enter the clearing when he turned to face me looking furious.

"Jer what's wrong?" I asked knowing it was something but unsure what. He just continued to look at me standing at the edge of the clearing.

"I can't...... I can't not anymore" he said sounding pained making me see the tears in his eyes.

"Jer come on talk to me" I said as I walked to him and put my hand on his arm trying to comfort him while he was distressed.

"No I just I freaked out something... somethings changed but I don't know what." He said making me more confused not understanding what he was talking about. "I can't.. I can't remember Kat" he said looking scared. 

"Remember what?" I asked scared due to Jeremiah's reaction.

"Where I'm suppose to go what I'm suppose to do, I can't remember why i needed to wake up but I just did. It wasn't for Bekah I didn't know she was alive and I was fine as Jeremy. I just I don't know what I'm suppose to do." He said looking confused, scared and angry all at once. It made me even more confused as he said he needed to do something, he was determined to wake up no matter what. 

"You said something about letting it go on too long that you had to end it? What did you mean by that?" I Questioned hoping to spark his memory. He looked up to the sky whispering something too low even for me to hear hands in his hair frustrated. He suddenly opened his eyes looking shocked and then ran to the other side of the clearing into the trees too fast for me to stop him even with my vampire speed. I ran after him slowly losing ground but stopped when's I didn't smell his scent anymore.

"Jeremiah?" I shouted hoping for a response but all I got was a line of leaves brushing passed my face which somehow felt like goodbye as I sank to my knees crying that I lost him again.

————————————

Caroline POV 

 We was all sat in the boarding house in silence processing what we'd learned. About the Mikaelsons, Jeremiah and Silas. The silence was interrupted by Damon asking what we all should have asked.

"Did you not suspect anything was odd about Jeremy way back when? I mean you said he had a sword in his leg? Didn't you notice a limp?" He asked making me wonder how they never suspected anything.

"Well mother was a witch we assumed she healed him. And no he must have used his powers without us noticing." Answered Rebekah.

"Sly bastard" commented Kol around his glass of bourbon. (When did he get that? I thought).

"Please you loved him. You always used to play pranks together, someone you could cause trouble with who didn't care." Said Klaus grimacing clearly remember a prank played on him.

"Hey not my fault Jeremiah knew how to have fun when sober" Kol said defensively. 

"What was Jeremy like back then?" I asked curious as to what he was like and if he was still slightly trouble with unseen burdens. 

"He was fun, carefree. Very much a likeable person, everybody loved him.." answered Elijah only to get cut off by Rebekah.

"Especially children. He always acted like a child taking Henrik and the other children to swim in the river splashing about, he'd always end up dragging in half the village on the warmer days." Said Rebekah with love filled eyes.

"I remember those days. Father would always shout at us for horsing around but then he would see Jeremiah in the middle of everything and he'd go quiet and walk back to the village." Said Klaus laughing with rememberance. 

"Remember when he pushed father into the river. Father was absolutely pissed, he was red in the face until Jeremiah would dive into the river and tackle him and he would shit himself always wanting to please Jer it was hilarious" laughed Kol with the other Mikaelsons and the rest of us joining in able to imagine Jeremy doing something that someone like Mikael would kill him for.

"Why do you keep calling him Jeremiah?" Asked Tyler slightly confused.

"He's called Jeremiah, originally. Like he said Jeremy was the name of the vessel he was using not him really he'd probably be preferred to Ben called Jeremiah or just Jer." Answered Rebekah as she knew Jer the best. Just after Rebekah answered the door opened revealing Katherine, Rebekah got up expecting Jeremiah to come through after Katherine but when the door shut with no Jeremiah in sight all of us looked at Katherine in question.

"He's gone" she said shocking all of us.

"What?" asked Rebekah looking pained reliving that day 1000 years ago thinking she'd been left yet again.

"He was scared because he couldn't remember why he woke himself up. Then he just ran and disappeared. Gone with the wind" she said numbly drinking her whiskey in one go after she finished talking immediate downing another. 

"Why would He go? We could have helped him remember?" Asked Elena as she held onto Stefan as Jenna held onto Alaric. Rebekah just stared in shock and grief as her brother crowded around her knowing she needed comfort.

"I don't know" sobbed Katherine which had me standing and walking to her to hug her knowing she'd gotten close to the younger Gilbert. My eyes started to water and next thing I know me and Katherine are sobbing into each other's arms holding onto each other which sets of every other girl in the room crying. 

"Nik I'm scared" cried Rebekah unsure if she could take the heartbreak again.

"My brother must have left for a reason. We should go to the Allfather see if he can tell us what would cause this reaction" Said Thor determined to find and help his brother.

"JARVIS get the plane running we should go to New York see if we can track him via satellite" Said Tony already standing and grabbing two more bottles of bourbon for the ride. Everyone else stood and walked out side when we were all outside Thor suddenly shouted causing us all to jump.

"Heimdall we need to speak to father" shouted Thor to the sky making us all stop and look at him as if he was crazy. All of a sudden a multi coloured light surrounded all of us making me look in awe as we were travelling at light speed. 

We all hit the ground with a thud although Thor landed on his feet use to travelling like that. 

"Where in the hell are we?" I heard Pepper shout whilst Bruce groaned as his ear was right next to her mouth. 

"Welcome to Asguard"