Chapter 15: Precious Gem

Rebekah POV 

We'd arrived at the dance late. When we got there Finn dropped us off at the entrance and said he would park the car. We went to wait near the doors. I saw a limo parked near the front of the car park, how peculiar. Another car pulled up in a space near the front of the lot. I saw Finn walking towards us from the corner of my eye. I turned my head not paying any attention to the couple that got out of the car although I could see a girl with brown hair around my height with a man who looked about 6'5, just like him I thought quickly shaking my head of that thought I twisted on my heels latching onto Kols arm as we walked to the doors but as we got closer I saw the man for who he really was. 

Since me and Kol were at the front of our group walking in it was easy for me to stop dead in my tracks as I started stunned the only words I was able to get out were "Jeremiah?"

I saw him pause as he was about to open the door clearly shocked as was the rest of my family who were staring in shock at someone we all long thought dead. When he turned his head he looked at us in shock while Katherine looked on in worry and curiousity as to how we knew Jeremiah. When our eyes met everything was still all the memories flooded my mind all the happy memories and even the sad ones, all the heartbreak and pain came with it as well, 

He looked at us as if he'd seen ghosts while Katherine held his arm. I heard her whisper to him "Jer come on let's go we don't want to get caught up in the originals" she said which made me furious as to how she thought we'd hurt Jeremiah. 

He quickly turned his head to Katherine looking at her with confusion making me think if he thought we were ghosts. He looked back to us and smiled a shy smile which caused me to smile in return. He let go of Katherine turning his body to face us fully, at this point I couldn't help myself and I let go of Kol and jumped into his arms crying in joy as I did so.

He caught me with ease like he'd always done. I was dangling in his arms with my feet resting next to his knees and he buried his face into my neck holding me close, I could feel the dampness of his tears but I was probably worse. "I missed you so much, I thought you'd all died 1000 years ago." I heard him whisper causing him to hold me tighter than before which would have crushed me if I was human. 

He eventually pulled his head back to look Me in the face. He brought one of his hands up rubbing his thumb over my cheek looking at me with all the love in the world. I vaguely heard all my brothers clearing their throats wanting to also be reunited with Jer but instead I just kissed him.

I kissed him with all the love I could convey and he in return did aswell. I'd been waiting 1000 years to feel loved again, who would have thought True love existed. 

—————————

Jeremiah POV 

She's here. She's alive. My Rebekah is here in my arms and nothing else matters. I can't believe I didn't know before. We'd been living in the same town. I'm hilding her now and I can't think of anything else except of how she fits into my arms, she's so small and fraile but I hold her as tight as I can without hurting her. 

When she jumped into my arms I was taken back 1000 years to the day I proposed to her. 

-FLASHBACK- 

I was walking with Rebekah along the river side until we reached the waterfall where all of us came when we wanted to get away from Mikael and Ester. We stopped and sat down basking in the quiet that we don't usually get. I turned to look at her thinking of the ring I got from my father in my trouser pocket. When she noticed my staring she turned to look at me with a small smile that made me smile back. 

"What is there something on my face?" She asked confused as to why I was staring at her. Instead of answering her I stood up and pulled her up with me and put her back on her feet. She was looking at me worried as I told her where to stand. She looked confused but she couldn't help but smiling by now used to my weird antics. I stood there looking at her for a few minutes before I knelt down into my knee, I pulled the ring out of my pocket which she looked at stunned but still not realising what was happening.

"Marry me?" I asked with hope in my voice and love in my eyes. She turned to look at me stunned before nodding her head. I stood up so I could give her her ring but instead she threw herself into my arms where I caught her and held her for awhile letting her soak up what's happening before she pulled back with tears of joy on her face.

"I love you Jer" she told me stopping my world as she did every time she told me those words.

"I love you too my precious gem" I told her kissing her while trying to put on her ring one handed. I eventually gave up on that and put her down but took her into my arms again straight after.

-PRESENT- 

When we finished kissing I pulled back to look at her face, it was exactly like on that day.

"Marry Me?" I said to her hoping she would still want to even after all this time.

"Anytime anyplace" was her answer her smile light up her face making me glad I stole her heart before someone else could. 

"Excuse me I know your having a happy reunion and all but we would like to say hello as well" Said Kol breaking my gaze away from Rebekah to look at her brothers. I saw all of them except little Henrik making me realise he was the brother that the wolves killed when Elena told me the story. I smiled at her remaining siblings pitting Bekah down to hug the other Mikaelsons before I punched Nik in the face knowing what he'd done to Bekah and the others. His head snapped to the side and I heard Kat behind me gasp dreading what would happen next. 

"I guess I deserve that" stated Nik making all his siblings agree. We all hugged and said our greeting before Kat spoke up utterly confused.

"Can I ask what's going on?" She asked making me realise she doesn't know why my sister daggered me way back when.

"Well when the Mikaelsons were human I knew them fell in love with Bekah got engaged before my over jealous daggered me for 450 years." I said giving her a quick explaination as to what she just witnessed. 

"Right well how about we go find Elena, you know your sister?" Katherine suggested reminding of how worried Elena's going to be.

"Wait So this is Elena's little brother?" Asked Finn incredulously. 

"Yeah well my spirit made Jeremy Gilbert look exactly like him but I have his memories as well, it's really weird" I offered hoping it would help. I think it did by the looks on their faces. 

"Well I for one want to show off my hot fiancé how bout you lot?"Said Bekah causing us all to chuckle as we made our way inside the school with my arms linked with both Kats and Bekah's.

We walked in and found loads of eyes just staring at us. Not arkward at all.