Chapter 19: Trees and Lady's

Thor POV 

We'd arrived in Asguard with everyone looking around confused, weird. 

"Welcome to Asguard" Heimdall greeted us causing me to look up and smile at my old friend.

"Heimdall it's good to see you again how is everything?" I asked hoping he'd tell me my brother was here.

"Jeremiah arrived just before you I believe he headed for his tree" Said Heimdall making me happy but confused.

"His tree?" Asked Steve as everyone was listening to our conversation.

"Yes the oldest tree in Asguard" was the only reply Heimdall offered. He went to stand at his original position by the lock gadget thing for the Bifrost. 

"So why don't we head over to the tree?" Asked Rebekah impatiently. I look at her wondering if she was always this rude although she seemed nicer when she was with my brother.

I gestured for them to follow me as we made our way across the bridge that lead to the main land. We'd arrived and everyone in our group was looking around in awe although the people of Asguard were looking at them oddly and laughing. We entered the palace where my father was, I went looking to him for answers about my brothers where abouts knowing he'd probably have the answer. 

"Father I hear brother has returned, do you have any idea where he is?" I asked as Odin turned to look at me with a solemn expression making me stop in my tracks, everyone else following suit.

"Why don't I like that expression?" Said the young hybrid who I believe was called Tyler, I think.

"Your brother has fallen ill and won't be able to have any visitors" Answered my father making me confused as he was suppose to be immortal. 

"What do you mean he's fallen ill?" Asked an enraged Rebekah who just wanted to see her fiancé. 

"When He was unconscious the witches found him but didn't awaken him, deciding to give him a much worse fate." He motioned for us to follow which we did as my father lead us to the room which once held a dead tree but now held a tree full of life and rapidly growing. "This tree is connected to your brothers power, the stronger he is the larger the tree. When he's dead the trees dead. The witches have taken his memory of who he was, taken every moment that has ever shaped him. We have to help him become himself again." 

"Can't we do anything to make him remember?" Asked the Bennett witch hopefully, feeling guilty as this all started due to her curiousity. 

"Nothing will help him remember. But you have to prepare yourselves for his lost memories will make him physically different." Said my father. I thought back to when I was a child and the times I saw Jeremiah practicing his form of magic. I remembered his elegance in which he practiced making children's faces light up in awe, but then I realised that he didn't look any different causing my confusion to develop.

"What do you mean by his physical appearance will be different?" Asked Jenna with concern lacing her voice. Just as my father was about to answer a scream rang through the air, a scream heard all across Asguard. We all turned our heads in the direction of the scream. I saw Elena and Rebekah head that way with everyone including my self soon following. We were about to leave the room when father voice rand through the room, stopping us in our tracks.

"Don't. He wouldn't want you to see him like this, his appearance changing to make him look human was painful for him and this will be aswell. You shouldn't have to witness it."

———————————-

Kol POV 

We'd been here for around 4 hours having a tour of Asguard whilst Jeremiah continued to scream in pain. We all wished to see him, wanting to making him feel no pain whatsoever. We had to hold Rebekah back a lot as she tried to get to her hurting fiancé. We'd told Odin that they were engaged and he seemed happy and delighted but then he remembered the current situation Jeremiah was in and soon became somber. 

"How long will it go on for?" Asked Clint who hated the sound of Jeremiah's tortured screams. 

"It is impossible to tell. It could be days it could be hours it depends on how hard Jeremiah fights to keep his memories." Answered Odin Who was remembering the last time his son had to go through this transition. I walked away from the group as they continued to walk forward, to sit at a balcony and try remember the good times with Jeremiah when I was human. I remembered the pranks we played and the laughter of most the village when we'd go into the river with the children. Too distracted by my thoughts I didn't hear a person approaching me until I felt their hand on my shoulder. I turned to be faced with a women with dark hair wearing the clothes of an Asguardian warrior. 

"What are you doing here all alone, I'd of thought you'd want to see Jeremiah as son as he'd awaken not have to run to the other side of the palace to get to him?" She Questioned with a smile on her face clearly knowing why I was here. 

"Well Odin decides to give us a tour while we waited and I decided I didn't feel like a tour anymore. What's your name?" I asked wanting to know who this women was who I could tell was respected by other warriors. 

"I'm Lady Sif." She Answered making me remember the legends of Lady Sid and the warrior three. I looked at her curious as to why she was here.

"And why are you here talking to me?" 

"You seemed lonely. You were wallowing and one shouldn't do that on their own as it will make them in a worse mood. And what is your name?" She answered shocking me at her kindness as most people left me alone to wallow, although that usually ended in a few murders. 

"Kol Mikaelson" I Answered her question. Shock coated her face as she quickly ran down the corridor leaving me on my own.

"Well Alright then"

——————————-

Lady Sif POV 

He's here. Shit. I ran to find the warrior three were I found them in the room they usually occupied. Fandral, Hogan and Volstagg all turned their heads in shock at my sudden entrance.

"Lady Sif what's the matter?" Asked Hogun.

"He's here" 

"Who is?" Asked Frandral and Volstagg at the same time.

"Kol Mikaelson" I Answered. They all looked shocked.