Growing Apart

For once in my life, I have actually found another girl who, oddly, surpasses my expectation. Maddie isn't only courageous, but weirdly intelligent as well, despite her behavior at times. Maybe, just maybe, I will actually be able to like her like that... That would be for the best, considering that Chris will probably never separate from Mikey since they are "glued together". Hours pass by without any other excitement. I had hoped that Chris would drive home together maybe, but supposedly she already drove with Mikey not long after school ended. This did make me sad, but honestly I wasn't surprised. Ever since Mikey entered Chris's life, I could feel her slowly drifting away from me. It was like an invisible barrier was beginning to form between us and separate who we are considered to be. The "normal" and the "abnormal" I presume, but I guess that is for the best since I do currently have a crush on her, which may or may not disappear like our friendship. Instead, I asked Maddie if she would like a ride home, to which she happily accepted. At least someone wants to hang out with me... I may need to stop with my I'll intentions as well since she has been rather kind and... happy with me. Neither of us spoke for the majority of the ride, but while rounding a corner she shouted and told me to stop immediately.

"Ah! Sorry, that's my girlfriend at the corner, can you drop me off here, Ivy?" She asked me. I dropped my head in disappointment before I looked to the curve. There stood a somewhat short guy with medium length chestnut hair in a small ponytail. My eyes looked him up and down analyzing his- sorry, her outfit. It was a simple black sweatshirt with faded jeans and converse shoes. Maddie rolled the window and shouted outside to her with a huge smile on her face. "Hey Olivia! Fancy meeting you here, do you want a ride to my house?" Maddie asked. She nodded shyly and looked over to me with a concerned gaze.

"You want a ride? I don't mind giving you one..." I sighed, placing my hand on the back car door to open it. Olivia grinned at me and hopped on in the car. She seemed to be extremely uneasy around me, so naturally I tried to start up a conversation. "I love your hairstyle! Not a lot of girls can pull off that hairstyle. I wish I could try a shorter hairstyle too, but my mom would kill me!" I laughed. She giggled slightly and leaned forward, making sure to sit neat and proper at the same time.

"You didn't tell me you had such a nice friend, Maddie. I wish you would've told me sooner so that I could meet others like her!" Maddie looked at me with a saddened expression and turned in her seat to face Olivia.

"You know this already Olivia, but there aren't really that many at my school who accept us like Ivy does. Well, she's included in this too anyways so she doesn't count I guess." My heart nearly stopped when she said that.

"Wow, so you knew already? Nice one, smarty pants." I choked out, trying to smile nicely. She nodded and leaned back in her seat, chuckling to herself.

"Of course, it's obvious you have a thing for Chris. Oh wait, she's straight isn't she? I guess it's back to the drawing boards for you, Ivy." She said with a slight sense of hatred in her tone. I sighed and scratched my head at her words.

"You think I don't know that? I'm trying ok, but it's not really a walk in the park to get over someone, especially since she's basically like my sun, my warmth, my... everything..." I pulled up to Maddie's address and parked without another word. She nodded and thanked me, but didn't say anything else on the subject as well. Olivia thanked me by sharing some of her gum with me, and that was it. I was alone again. No Maddie, no Chris, and definitely no Jax. I didn't feel like going home to deal with any added stress, so I headed to the only place where I find comfort, my cousin's bar. One of the hottest bars in town, specifically because it is an LGBT oriented bar, The Paradise Bar is basically my real home. I often spend the night there with my cousin, who is only five years older than me, Lily. I headed into the bar to be greeted by some of my closest bar friends and Lily.

"Hey Ivy! Glad to see you, but remember you aren't drinking unless there's a major problem." Lily said sternly. I chuckled and sat myself next to a girl around my age who was completely plastered.

"Well, I see how you really listen to your own words. You need to be careful with others you know- wait... Chris is that you?" I pushed up her hair and aure enough, it was Chris. She was completely out of it and sobbing.

"He left me for that bitch! I can't believe you, Mikey! I thought you loved me, so why?" She slammed her fists onto the table, sobbing furiously. To be honest, I realized this would happen sooner or later, but what the absolute fuck is wrong with Mikey? I know how much Chis loves him, and it's definitely more than me.

"Chris, what are you doing here? This is an LGBT bar you know, so why are you here?" She downed her shot and looked at me.

"I don't wanna to hear it from you, Ivy. You're gonna to question why I'm here? Funny. Why are you here then?" She asked, sitting up with a confident grin, "I heard a rumor around school. Do you wanna know what it is?" She asked as confusion suddenly hit her, "I heard that someone had a crush on me. Someone who is close to me. I asked 'round a bit, and soon I found this girl Maddie. She sure had a lot to say 'bout you. One of those interesting things she had to say was that you were gay! At first, I denied it, but then I thought about it. You know what I did next? Your phone. I looked through it and saw a lot of shit that looked bad for you. Messages from girls asking about when you were going to hook up next, a search history that's not so charming, and worst of all, pictures of your 'fun times'." I grabbed onto Chris as my anger started to show. I was really hoping to let my past go... Those were some troubling times...

"You. Did. What? What the fuck is wrong with you Chris? I trusted you, and this is how you repay me? Why does it matter if I'm gay? Is that really such a big deal? I was planning on telling you, but I couldn't because I knew if I told you the other half of the story then you wouldn't talk to me ever again!" I yelled, wiping away tears that we're rolling off of my face. She stepped closer to me and threw a nearby cup full of beer at me.

"What exactly is that, Ivy?" I was done and over with it. I didn't care anymore, so I blurted it out without another thought.

"I like you more than a friend. I didn't want you to avoid me, so I hid it. You happy now?" She stared at me and dropped her arms to her sides without another word. I just said it. My life is over now...