Black Mail

After we got home last night, Lily and I both went to bed as soon as we returned. It was now Saturday today, so Lily won't open her bar until about 5:30 pm. Before I got up for the day, unwrapped my old gauze and replaced it with the new gauze that we got yesterday. The stitched were halfway around my wrist, and the pain seemed to pulsate as I stared at the wound. Really, what was I thinking? I didn't want to concern myself with the stitches, or the injury, or Chris, so I hurried to wrap my wrist and then went on downstairs to meet Lily who was making coffee to wake up both up. She turned to greet me with a glass of water and a plate of eggs.

"We will be going out in a bit, so I wouldn't wear your pajamas if I were you." She joked, spinning back around to grab herself a cup of water before sitting down at a table. I followed her over and sat myself across from her before continuing on with our conversation.

"Where are we going? I didn't think you mentioned any plans yesterday." I replied, slurping my water quietly. Lily ate her eggs and finally responded to my question.

"Well... You ruined the clothes you had on the night before from... You know what... So I thought that maybe going out and getting a new pair of clothes would be a nice little... date... If you're not against it I mean..." She mumbled, shifting in here seat occasionally while having her arms crossed.

"That sounds amazing, actually, so you will have to help me get dressed again. Unless that, you know, bothers you." I chuckled slightly before getting back up to take her empty plate and put it in the sink. When I turned back to sit down at the table again, it was indubitable that she was both anxious and worried about what I just said by the rapid tapping of her foot against the floor and her constant hand rubbing as she turned her torso away from my view.

"No... No, it doesn't, so don't worry about it... I swear to God, if you play any tricks on me then I won't forgive you though!" She asserted before jumping up from her seat and stumbled up the stairs into our room. For once, it actually feels somewhat normal around here. After all that has happened, the atmosphere has remained the same here. It feels like Lily and I still have some maturing to do though, but I don't think we will really have a problem with that. No more sacrifices, no more babysitting Chris, and definitely no more horrendous mistakes  like the ones that have been made so far. We will see how that will go, but as long as Lily is here with me I'll be fine. I have to be. I have to protect her and make her happy. She deserves better than me, but she insists that she only wants me in her life, so I'll trust her on that and do everything I can for her own benefit.

The bar was relatively quiet besides the faint sound of thumping from the bedroom upstairs and the hushed trickling of the coffee maker. When was the last time it was actual normal around here? Lily came back down with a red and black Letterman jacket and a pair of jeans.

"Well? Would this work for today? You can have my jacket from high school, I thought it would good on you." She said, happily cruising over to me. I smiled back at her and nodded before taking the jacket and slipping it over my pajama shirt.

"It's nice! I'm surprised you're giving me this, especially when you have your memories of being a sports star there!" I laughed, taking it back off so that I could change my undershirt. She smirked at me as I ran up the stairs to grab a different shirt. A few stuck out to me, but in the end I just had to go with my Set It Off T-shirt. It took me a minute to get my other shirt off, but once I finished Lily came back up the steps to help me with my pants.

"You know, you're so very lucky that I love you! I'm sure that Chris girl wouldn't go this far for you!" She exclaimed, trying not to look to much at my lower body. We both giggled and shook off the anxious feeling before finally heading to the door to to go shopping. Before we exited, I noticed some muddy footprints in the entrance of the floor and that the door wasn't locked. Maybe Lily went out for a smoke this morning?

Lily drove through the streets before stopping at a well-sized shopping mall. There had to be at least 20 different clothing stores in there, so I made the choice to go in every single one of them. The range of styles basically went from punk to pop, boyish to girly, preppy to nerdy, and then casual. Lily grabbed me a tank top from the tomboyish range and held onto it while I picked out a nice sweater and mini skirt. Lily picked out a few things for herself too before we left, and so it was pretty late that we finally stopped going into stores.

"Do you wanna grab something to eat while we're here? They have a Chinese restaurant here, and I know how much you love egg drop soup!" She chuckled. I nodded in return and went off to find a table while Lily went to stand in line to order. Compared to back at home, the mall was excruciatingly noisy and annoying, filled with the sounds of babies and youngsters crying and workers pretending to actually care about their customers. Out of nowhere, I saw a glimpse of a familiar figure. It had to be Chris. She was walking along a group of three guys who seemed to be up to something shady, so as curious as I am about that alone, I ended up following them.  We were close enough to where I could hear there conversation, so I listened in.

"So, Christina, what's a cutie like you doin' at the mall all alone? Did you get in a fight with your boyfriend or somethin'?" One of the obnoxious guys asked. Chris looked to be irritated, but instead of lashing out, she sighed and sped up to walk right past the men.

"No, thank ya very much, and it's none of your business. Secondly, don't call me Chris! That name pisses me off." She argued, trying to turn away from the guys. One of them reached out and grabbed her arm, forcibly pulling her towards them.

"Woah, woah, woah, you're the one who called us here. Do you thing you're jus' gonna walk away from us now? Think again, cutie." Chris attempted to get him to let go, but his grip wouldn't loosen. Like the idiot I am, I decided to jump in and grab a hold of Chris and run into a swarm of people to lose them. After that, I took her back to where I had been waiting for Lily and sat down with her.

"Leave me alone, Ivy. I'm done with you, so just quit bothering with me." Chris demanded, trying to walk away.  I latched myself onto her hand and called out to her.

"Chris! Please, don't leave like this! We are friends, aren't we?" She promptly turned around and held out her phone to show me the pictures that she had confronted me about earlier, and even a new picture of Lily and I sleeping in our bed together.

"No, we aren't. I'm sure ya haven't forgotten this, but just remember that I like you too. You chose this... this bitch over me, and so now you have to choose again. Either break up with her and go out with me, or I will send this to everyone at school and even post pictures up." She said nonchalantly. I had already known how to answer this kind of question, I mean it is pretty obvious.

"You know what? I'm so done with your shit! Screw you, Chris! Send that shit and post it wherever you like! I don't care! The one I love is Lily, and that will never change. Why would I even think about dumping her for you when you have to do a low blow to get your way? You're just childish, so leave now before I get irritated." I demanded, letting go of her to sit back in my seat at the lunch table.

"Is that so? Fine then. Have it your way, Ivy." Chris rambled away, going into a crowd of people to leave my line of sight...