Stand Off

Lily's frustration radiated off of her just as soon as I finished threatening her. She got back up to her feet and chuckled slightly like she had another plan to try and win me back. Without saying anything else to me, Lily stalked over to the bedroom door where Maddie, Chris, and Zoe were all hiding out to get away from us.

"She's in there, isn't she? Maddie? Why don't we all have a nice little chat, the three of us, so we can compromise on something. I'm sure she won't mind, especially after I tell her that Olivia got a hold of me." She said in a loud voice. It was noticeable that she was planning to lure Maddie out with the promise of getting her back together with Olivia, but I already knew her attempt would be in vain since she had confided in me that she didn't feel that strongly about Olivia in the first place.

"No, no one's here. I sent them out to bring back some takeout for supper. Since we clearly have enough time, why don't we sit down and have a little drink, shall we?" I hurried over into the kitchen to pull out a big bottle of authentic Polish vodka that I had taken from Lily's bar. I could tell from the "thrilled" look on her face that she knew it was originally hers, but she agreed and sat herself on a nearby chair to wait for her shot. I poured her and myself a small amount before sitting myself on the sofa directly across from where she was sitting. The sound of the clock echoed around us as we remained silent to figure out what else to talk about. Lily glanced at the floor with a dreadful look on her face before turning back to me to plead again.

"I'm sorry, Ivy, for everything... I realize what I did was wrong, but I wanted to make sure that what I was feeling wasn't just a misconception! The guy you saw me with was just a friend who agreed to go on a fake date with me. We acted like a couple a few times, but we didn't go any further than a kiss!" She sobbed. Her crying wasn't reaching me anymore, so I planned to listen a little more to see if she would confess to everything else that she had done. "Besides that, I also didn't tell you that your parents moved in with your grandma... I'm sorry... You were going through such a hard time, so I didn't really want you to have to deal with anything else. Plus, if you moved, you would've had to transfer schools..." She went on. I didn't reply to her and instead downed the whole shot, only to refill it as quickly as I drank it.

"Fine. I understand. Can you leave now? I'm in a relationship with Maddie now, so, unless she breaks it off with me, I'm not going to cast her away like you did to me. Find yourself a new girlfriend." Her eye flinched before she took a small sip of her own shot. She looked as if she was about to reach her breaking point, bit instead she held in her anger to see if she could reason with me.

"Does she like you? I mean, for real?" She asked me in an innocent tone.

"I would hope so, after all, we've went further than I ever did with you." I lied in an effort to force her to give up and leave. She held onto the glass tightly and cocked her head at an odd angle in my direction before putting on an unsettling smile.

"Oh, really? Well, enlighten me then, Ivy." She demanded me, leaning forward in her seat to give me her undivided attention. My pulse quickened as I searched for a way out, but there was none. I couldn't drag my friends into this mess, so I didn't even dare think about snitching on them to save my own skin.

"I'm not telling you anything. I don't owe you anything of the sort, so that kind of information is unnecessary." She squinted in anguish before standing up to brush herself off. Lily said nothing until she staggered over to the door with a fiendish grin on her face.

"Whatever then. If you want some real fun, you know where to find me." She laughed, rushing out the door and away from sight. The three piled out from the room with a relieved sigh.

"Please tell me that she ain't gonna come back? She's worse than I remember 'er." Chris asked, glancing between Maddie and I. Neither of us were sure how to answer, so we both shrugged and returned to where we were sitting before. Maddie put the vodka away without any comments on it, but Zoe gave me an earful on how irresponsible I was and how much of a delinquent I am. Maddie peered over to her phone that flashed with the time

"Oh my God! I'm going to be late! Ivy, can you drive me?" I looked back over to Chris and Zoe who gave me the ok to hurry and drive Maddie to work.

"I mean, I kind of have to anyways because you don't have a car or a license. Go get your stuff real quick and I'll be downstairs." She nodded before running into the bathroom to get dressed and brush her hair. On the other hand, I went on downstairs to wait in the car for her. Moments later, Maddie came tumbling into the car and shouted on me to step on it with an expression of pure insanity. I went ahead and drove off to Gamestop as we listened to music on the radio. Neither of us spoke too much on the way there, but once we reached our destination, Maddie quickly shifted towards me and kissed my cheek before saying goodbye to me. The small gesture lifted my mood up quite a bit, so I went on back home to be with Chris and Zoe.

Inside, Zoe was sitting next to Chris as she asked her neverending questions, but Chris seemed be enjoying the fact that someone had missed her this dearly. Once again, there was another knock on the door, so I went over to answer it after motioning the two to get behind the sofa. When the door flew open, Lily charged her way back in, but this time she knocked me to the group to immobalize me.

"Ivy, I'm not going to ask again! Please, dump Maddie and come back to me! I know I'm the only one who can satisfy your needs in the ways that I know you want!" She spouted erratically. Her hands caressed every inch of my body before something, or someone, knocked her off of me. When I saw what had happened, my mouth formed into a smile. Chris had jumped out from behind the sofa and collided with Lily. Without delay, Chris physically pulled Lily out of the room and pushed her out into the hallway before slamming the door shut and locking it.

"Wow, great job Chris! Oh, and thanks for getting her off of me..." She smiled and shook her head.

"It's the least that I owe ya."