School

The fated day soon came. Monday. From what Chris said Saturday, I should probably be worried by what will be waiting for me at school. Once she decides to do something, she will go through with it. No matter how high the costs are. Lily once again offered to take me to school, oblivious of the events that may unfold today. My heart rate picked up, I could feel a cold sweat coming on, and I began to tremble as I imagined what could happen. As I stepped out of the car, many girls and guys glanced over at me and snickered without uttering a single word.

It was obvious that Chris had gone through with her promise.

Eventually, I felt someone grip my shoulder and spin me around to face them. It was Jax. By the look on his face, I could tell that he was more than upset. He was furious.

"Lookie who we got here! If it ain't Ivy the dyke!" He roared, squeezing his hard tighter. "You know, you don't have the right to reject me, especially when you're a good-for-nothing queer who dated me for a about a month before breaking up with me without a good reason. You don't break up with me, I break up with you. I just can't fucking believe you, you fucking bitch!" Jax lifted up his free hand, preparing himself to hit me. I froze in place and shut my eyes to prepare me for the worst, but it didn't come. When I opened my eyes, I saw Lily standing in front of me, holding onto Jax's arm.

"Back off, asshole, I won't let you out easy if you even lay another hand on her." Lily said sternly. Jax smirked and chuckled right in front of Lily and I before grabbing onto her instead.

"Feisty! I like it! Why don't you and I—"

"Fuck off, Jax. She's mine, so go find your own girl. One who isn't taken." I interrupted him, latching onto Lily's arm and pulling her back towards me. Jax crossed his arms in disappointment and irritation before stomping off the school's property. After he was out of our sight, Lily turned around and hugged me tightly.

"That was so frightening! Thanks, Ivy. Even though I tried to show off to you, you ended up showing off to me..." She pouted, frowning to herself.  I laughed quietly and hugged her in return.

"You were cool back there, Lily. In fact, you were amazing! I'm glad you came! I was a little scared of him..." I mumbled. Lily let me go suddenly, realizing that a bunch of students had stopped to watch us.

"I'll talk to you later! Love you! Bye!" She said before dashing back into the parking lot. I was glad that Lily was there to save me, but at the same time I'm concerned about the fact that I caused her trouble. I really hate to burden her, especially after everything she's done for me and what she will probably do for me in the future. I continued to walk into the school to meet up with Maddie. When she came into my field of vision, it seemed like her eyes were empty and she acted as if she had no soul. Maddie drifted through the hallways before finally ending up in the classroom at her desk next to mine. I tapped her shoulder to get her to face me and gave her a slight smile, but still nothing seemed to get through to her.

"Hey, are you feeling ok? You seem... Off..." She glanced over at me before nodding slowly.

"Olivia... She... She..." Maddie trailed off, shaking her head as if to get her back on track. "I pissed Olivia off, but I'm not really sure what I did..." She continued, twirling her hair to calm herself.

"I'm assuming you probably forgot something that's important to her," I guessed, "I mean, not to be rude or anything, you do seem like someone who would forget easily." She laid her head on her desk, but jolted up moments later with a expression of terror on her face.

"Oh my God! I completely forgot that I blew our date off yesterday! Ugh, I can't believe I forgot!" Maddie cried, pulling her phone out to call Olivia.

"You can be such a dumbass sometimes..." I sighed, looking down at my own phone. It began to buzz and ring erratically, and once I noticed who it was, I scowled at the name. It just had to be Chris. Being the idiot I am, my finger hit the button to accept the call and I placed the phone next to my ear.

"Ivy, look, I'm sorry! I didn't actually—"

"Shut the fuck up already!" I shouted, throwing a fist down onto my desk. "You don't have the right to apologize and assume that I'll just forgive you! I'm done, Chris... You don't get anymore chances... It's like you have two different people living inside you!  The calm and normal Chris, and then the psychopathic stalker Chris! I just can't deal with this anymore, Chris," I muttered, "besides, I almost died because of you! It's like you don't even care about me! Seriously, stop contacting me... This little stunt of yours was the last straw. We are through, Chris..." I ended the call as fast as I could and shoved the phone into my pocket before looking back over to Maddie who was peering over at me with a concerned look. She was still on the phone with Olivia, but whispered to her that she would call her back later.

"Looks like this isn't a good day for both of us, huh?" She asked, giggling lightly despite the situations we are both in.

"Yep, sure does look like it..." I replied without much else to say. It sounded as if Maddie was about to begin talking again, but the door to the classroom slammed open with great force. Maddie grabbed me, as the door that had opened was the one behind me, and pulled me to the opposite side of the room. I didn't understand her actions until I saw that it was in fact Chris who had charged into the room.

"Hand her over, now!" Chris yelled, hiding both her hands behind her back.

"Where the fuck did you come from? Hey, someone go get a teacher, that girl is dangerous!" Maddie shouted, standing in front of me to protect me from the unknown danger that Chris could cause. A few students that were standing near Chris screamed before dashing out of the room, calling for help as they did.

Chris began to come closer to us, revealing a medium sized pocket knife in the palm of her hand. Maddie shifted backwards slightly, frightened by what Chris is planning. I pushed Maddie out of the open door and ran as fast as I could, listening to the sound of Chris shrieking as she chased after me. Maddie ran beside me until she hurried into an unused storage room to hide. I continued to sprint down the halls, confident in my ability to outrun Chris.

After about ten minutes of running around the whole school, I went into the teacher's lounge where there was only a single teacher who seemed to be confused. Before I began to explain anything, I quickly locked the door and listened to see if Chris was in the hallway. After I made sure, I walked over to the teacher and told her exactly what happened, to which she responded by using the school phone to contact the office to put the whole school on lock down and contact the police. You know, it was only a matter of time before something like this would happen... Especially after how Chris has been acting as of late...