Future

Maddie offered to drive back to our apartment, but since she doesn't have a license that's not the smartest idea. So, with my tear stained face and my mascara smeared everywhere besides where it's supposed to be, I drove back to the apartment before giving officer what's-his-name a call to, hesitantly, agree to his request. Instead of dealing with one psychotic girl today, it seemed as if I would have to deal with two. Just as I pulled back into the parking lot of the apartment complex, Lily's car was parked next to the spot where we usually park.

"I really don't want to deal with this today." I sighed. Maddie and I slowly strolled up to the elevator and got off at the third floor to get to our room. I'm note sure how much longer I can hold in my anger in front of Lily. If I knew she was this possessive and hypocritical, I would have never even considered to going out with her. I walked in front of Maddie so that she would be behind me when we try to enter our apartment. Lily's eyes shot up to look at me.

I could already tell that she was going to ask what happened, but at this point I don't even care that's she's there anymore. I ignored the fact that she tried to strike up a conversation and unlocked the door to the apartment. Maddie slipped in and I stayed out in the hallway to talk with Lily for a moment.

"Ivy, can we please talk? I'm begging you, so please?" Lily lowered her head to face the ground. "Are you... ok? You look like you've been crying..." Lily attempted to touch my face, but I pushed her away.

"It's not any of your business, Lily. Just leave. Now. I'm not in the mood right now." Her eyes filled with tears as she ran towards the elevator without another word. I shrugged and let myself into the apartment to see Maddie on the sofa with a slight look of worry.

"Is she gone?" She asked me, getting up to guide me into the bathroom to help me clean up.

"Thankfully, yes. I think she may have finally given up on me, but who knows." Maddie helped to wipe off the rest of my makeup, since I couldn't see for myself, and let out a sigh of relief.

"Sounds promising. Hey, open your eyes for a second so I can see if I got all the mascara and eyeliner off." I did as she asked and opened my eyes to be greeted with Maddie's face right in front of mine. She knocked her forehead against my own and gave me a look of worry. "Don't push yourself too hard, ok? Let me know if you need my help with anything. That's why I'm here after all." She smiled, moving her head away before leaning back in to give me a quick kiss. She turned to leave the bathroom, but I quickly grabbed her to pull her into an embrace. Maddie looked up to me, bashfully grinning up at me.

"Sorry! I just... I didn't mean to grab you... like that..." I stumbled, letting go of her to shift my gaze elsewhere. She threw her hands up over her face to cover only half so that she could still see me reaction.

"No it's fine, Ivy. I wasn't sure if you were really feeling up to it, so I'm sorry if I kind of just sprang that on you. I'll go ahead an—"

"It wasn't a bad time!" I interrupted her, looking back at her. "Actually, I was hoping for more... Man that sounds so childish when I say it out loud..." I whispered, hoping that she would ignore what I had said. It's hard to think that one person can make you feel so... complicated. I don't even think I would say that I was this nervous and shy around Lily or even Chris, so seeing myself act so hesitant and uncomfortable around Maddie is a whole new feeling to me, or is it? Did I pay this much attention to detail when I was with Lily? I'm not even sure myself anymore, but I still don't this I was this tense before.

My thoughts were interrupted by a warm sensation that instantaneously occurred upon my lips. It took me a moment to conceive what it was that had been pressed up against me, but I was glad to see that it was Maddie who had gripped my clothes to lower me down. She gave me multiple quick kisses without any intent on letting me go, so we stumbled into the living room and onto the sofa where she fell on top of the arm of it. She looked up at me with a disappointed smile, apologizing for "ruining the moment". I began to crack up as Maddie knelt on the floor with a embarrassed gaze.

"Why are you laughing? Wow, you're so rude." She pouted. I opened my arms as an indication for her to come sit with me. Maddie hopped onto the sofa, leaning her head on my shoulder with a slight smirk.

"You're so adorable, you know? You didn't ruin anything, in fact, I think you actually made the atmosphere better. I probably would've ended up doing something to ruin the mood, but why don't we lay down for a bit and talk?" I suggested, falling backwards along with Maddie in my arms. We looked back at each other, waiting for one of us to start the conversation or at least do something.  At long last, she smiled and turned over in my arms to face me directly.

"I'm so happy that you exist, Ivy. I don't think I would've been able to get over Olivia so fast if it weren't for you." I chuckled a little bit in response.

"Oh, but I thought that you weren't that serious about her." I joked. Maddie scratched the side of her face before sighing.

"Ok, well, it wasn't serious, but it still hurt me. I mean you were dumped too! Weren't you a little depressed?" She lifted her hands to cover her mouth, remembering exactly what had happened not too long ago.

"Ok, yes. I was. I knew our relationship wasn't going to last long, but I really wanted it to go on for as long as it could. I'm just glad that I found out she was cheating before anything else." She nodded in agreement, turning onto her back to stare at the ceiling like I had been doing.

"What are you going to do after this year? Do you plan to go to college?" I wasn't sure how to answer her question. I hadn't really thought about college after everything that took place, but now that I am I need to decide on what I want to be.

"No, not yet. I want to go wherever you're going though, Maddie. What do you want to be? I was think maybe something in forensics or maybe even becoming a surgeon." Maddie listened to me patiently before grinning to tell me hers.

"I want to be a graphic designer or an animator. I love art. A lot." I could see the enthusiasm in her eyes as she explained to me all about what the two jobs do and where she would love to work. It's refreshing to watch someone plan out their life in front of you with an immense amount of confidence.

"I'm sure that you would do great at either of those jobs. I'll be with you every step of the way as long as you're with me every step of mine." Maddie sat up and came down onto me, giving me one final kiss before getting up to answer the door which I had just realized was being repeatedly knocked upon.

"You stay there, Ivy. I'll answer it and then be right back over with you." She said, winking back at me as she opened up the door...