Realization

At this point, I'm not really sure how I would describe my relationship with Maddie. Originally, I think I did have a crush on her, but then Olivia came into the picture and I was still dead set on Chris. After things fell out with Chris, my relationship "deepened" with Lily and I thought that she was, not necessarily serious, at least trying to make the relationship work. After that little kiss though, I'm just not sure how to feel.

She just got dumped, I just cut off ties with my girlfriend, really my ex-girlfriend, and then decided to live together with her. It's not like we're together, but at the same time it seems like we are. The weird thing is that I'm not really against it either, it's just that I'm kind of weary of it.

That's not bad, right?

After Maddie ran into the bedroom, which we will have to share once we actually get a bed, I chased after her and asked her to open up the door, which she had locked. I didn't mean to sound upset, but I had this natural angry tone that was added to my begging. Finally, I managed to coax her to come out. Her face was entirely beet red and her eyes were darting all around the room.

"Are you... mad?" She asked me, twirling her thumbs as she stood right in front of me.

"Yes... No... I'm don't know!" I admitted, folding my arms in astonishment. "I don't know how to feel about it... I just... Ugh..." I whimpered. Maddie glanced back at me to which I responded by covering my face. I was incredibly warm inside and outside just from her looking at me. Am I nervous? This is really weird... Even Lily nor Chris really got this sort of reaction from me from such a simple thing...

"Move your hands away." She demanded. I shook my head and backed away from her, but as soon as I moved she reached out and pulled my hands down. Her lips were slightly parted as she looked to me for a clearer answer. "Look, I know that this is sudden and all, I mean we both just got out of our relationships, but we already admitted that we didn't feel anything that strong for them. The thing is that I feel something different from you, and so I want to be with you so I know that I'm not the only one that feels this way. Will you please tell me? I want to know, Ivy." She requested. I jerked my arms out of her hands and stared at her for a moment before looking around the room.

"I don't know, Maddie..." I lied, "I'm sorry, but—"

"You're lying," She said, "your eyes just dialated, which means that your lying. Plus, you're avoiding my gaze which is textbook definition for deception." She argued. I dropped my head and peered at the floor before answering her seriously.

"... I liked it, ok? Is that so wrong, because I feel like it is... Here I am, newly single for literally maybe two or three hours, and I'm already having weird feelings that I've never had before!" I cried. Maddie walked over to where I was standing and hugged me without uttering a single word.

"I'm sorry... I didn't really listen to you, but that's not wrong, I mean I'm in the same exact position as you!" She sang, "there's nothing wrong with that! I mean, Lily is the one who cheated on you, so you're doing nothing wrong! Ivy, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me!" I smiled, wrapping my arms around her in return.

"I... Thanks... Are you sure though? I mean, you won't regret it?" I asked. Maddie let me go and looked directly into my eyes with a joyful smile.

"I'm completely sure, Ivy. I mean, I'm wondering the same about you!" She snickered, brushing strands of hair away from my face. Just as she began to lean in again, the sound of knocking began to resound through the apartment. We quickly separated and hurries towards to door to answer it. Maddie went in front of me to open the door, revealing a familiar figure. It was Lily.

"I came home to see all your clothes gone, why the fuck are you here?" She demanded to know. She pushed her way past Maddie and grabbed onto my arm, preparing to pull me out of the apartment by force.

"First of all, how did you even find me?" I screamed, pushing myself away from her. Her eyebrows furrowed as she pulled out her own phone to show me an application that had apparently tracked me. "You're crazy, no, you're worse than crazy! You damn stalker! You don't even have the right to do that to me after you fucking went out with another guy and cheated on me!" Lily grabbed  my hair and yanked it, glaring at me with a pissed off look.

"So?" She asked, "what does that have to do with this? If anything, you don't have the right to judge me when you're doing the exact same thing!" She barked. I looked to Maddie for a moment and then back to Lily.

"I wasn't even doing anything with her. We just moved here because we're going to get jobs soon, so mind your own business and get out. It over, so get out and leave me alone!" Lily was about to pull on my hair again, but Maddie jumped in and pushed her out of the entrance and back into the hallway outside before closing the door and locking it.

"Hurry! Get into the bedroom!" She shouted at me, pushing me into our bedroom as Lily yelled after us. We locked the door behind us and cowered in the relatively empty room. I held onto Maddie and fear and cried silently. She comforted me, listening to the sound of Lily outside. "If she doesn't leave in ten minutes then I'll have to call the police, Ivy. She's dangerous." I nodded in agreement as we continued to sit on the floor in each others arms...

It wasn't until sometime early in the morning that Lily finally left. Once she did, Maddie and I turned back to each other and sighed.

"So... Do you want to continue where we left off or...?" I asked, smiling deviously. Maddie smiled and then leaned back in to kiss me, but this time on the mouth instead. We didn't let go of each other for a few moments after the kiss and instead went back in for another, and another, and another... After we were done, all we could do was sit on the floor and stare into each others eyes while our mouths were still agaped, wishing for it to never end...