No Turning Back

About 45 minutes after the doors to the school had open, they closed again upon the apprehending of Chris. Everyone was worried sick about their own safety, along with Chris's as well, despite the fact that she's the one who caused this whole issue. All the students and staff were escorted outside once Chris gave herself up and was escorted to a police cruiser. One by one, we were all questioned on what had happened, and once it was my turn to give my account, I went through everything that had happened this past week.

"Well, I'm not sure how you may feel about this, but since Ms. Morgan didn't harm anyone, this will more than likely only be counted as a misdemeanor rather than a felony. It's up to the judge exclusively on how she will be punished, so that means that she may or may not spend time in jail too." An officer told me with an angered look on his face.

"If I have any say in this or an influence of some kind, I just want to let you know that I don't really want Chris to spend time in jail... I know everything that she did to me and everyone else is unforgivable, but what she needs is help, I believe." The officer breathed heavily and scratched him head, thinking how he should respond to my request.

"I'll see what I can do, but that doesn't mean that you will be able to persuade the judge." He said, getting up to go back to a group of four other officers to speak to them. I took this chance to get up from my seat and find the car that Chris was being held in. It didn't take long, and once I saw her sitting in the car twirling her thumbs, I waved to her so that I could catch her attention. Her eyes were filled with grief and regret, noticeable by the tears that glided down her cheeks as she mouthed "I'm sorry" countless times.

It wasn't Chris's fault that she did this, if anything, it's my fault for causing this hatred in her heart. I broke my friend. There is no doubt that she must have some sort of Personality Disorder from the way that she's been acting. It's obvious, but I just didn't want to accept it. Chris tapped on the window to catch my attention, and when she did, she smiled weakly and mouthed "Forgive me" before sinking back into her seat, cutting herself off from the world.

I started to walk towards the school parking lot when I noticed Lily shaking in fear before she rushed over to hug me.

"I got a call from the school that there had been a school intruder! I'm so glad that you're ok! I don't know what I would so if you got injured again... Who was it? A student, or just someone random?" She questioned me. I looked away and ignored her question. She didn't question me further and led me to the car where we drove back to the bar as quickly as we could. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that I had left my phone at school, but there was no way that I would go back there. At least not today. When we got into the bar, the home phone was ringing nonstop with multiple messages that had been left.

"Ms. Reed? This is Officer Patrick Gallagher from the Minneapolis Police Department regarding your account from the attempted assault at Middleworth High School today. We are calling to request that you come to Ms. Morgan's court date, which is set for the third of next month, and testify against her if she does not accept the plea deal that will be set for her. Whenever you get this message, please contact me at-"

"I... I heard you... I hate to ask this, but is Chris in serious trouble?" I asked, stumbling slightly on my words. He sighed before speaking again.

"I wouldn't say that it's that serious, but she definitely has to have some sort of 'punishment' to install the idea that this behavior is not accepted in society. The only reason why I called to ask you personally to appear at court is because Ms. Morgan herself asked me to. It seems that she is reflecting on her actions now, so I agreed to her plea. I shall contact you soon, as I have work to attend to, so keep in touch." He hung up on me before I could question him further, and when I turned around, I saw that Lily now had a look of horror on her face. Beads of sweat rolled down her forehead as she came closer and gripped my shoulders tightly.

"Chris... Chris was the one who... invaded the school? She was after you, wasn't she? Did she try to hurt you? Answer me!" She shook me roughly. I yelled at Lily to stop and fell onto the table that the phone was on. She held her hands up to her face and covered her mouth in disbelief of what she just did. "I'm... I'm sorry, Ivy... I was just worried, that's all..." She apologized. I rubbed the back of my head to check that I didn't land too hard on the table and stood back up to talk to Lily.

"Yes. Chris was after me, and she tried to hurt me, but it's not her fault, ok? She has some sort of mental disorder that distorts her way of thinking, so it's not all her fault, it's mine as well for causing that distortion to grow. It's all my fault! I'm the one to blame, so get mad at me, not Chris!" I shouted. Lily lifted her hand up and smacked me across the face. Hard. Hard enough that my cheek instantly turned bright red and began to radiate in pain.

"Stop, just stop already! Stop trying to protect her! Stop standing up for her! Stop caring about her! Stop! She tried to kill you! She did so many horrible things to you, so why are you so thick and unable to understand that she is obsessive over you?" Lily shrieked back at me.

I couldn't stop my mouth from moving, and before I realized what I was about to say, it was too late.

"Yelling and attacking me now, are you? You're no better than Chris! I don't understand why you're so hard on her if you are so obsessive and possessive of me too! You two act the same!" Lily dropped to her knees immediately and looked up at me with a hateful expression.

"Get out..." She muttered, trembling in anger. "Get out!"