Chapter 14 The Fall to Home

Elsa's POV

We jumped into the hole, plunging into the darkness. We were screaming at first but after a while we stopped and just waited to land. From falling vertically and slipped on my back, letting my hair fly upwards. My arms and legs were also flying up. Merida was in a plane position with Hiccup as for Rapunzel, she was clutching herself tightly, hoping that it would end soon. Anna was falling in the same position I was. I looked to my right and saw Jack. His eyes were closed as his hair fluttered as we kept falling. We got in a plane position and looked at me. He tried desperately to grab his staff which was also falling but at a faster speed. He finally got hold of it a reached out for my hand. I spun around in the same position Jack was it.

We grabbed eachother's hands as Jack summoned the wind with his staff. I felt a windy preasure under me and I started feeling like I was levitating, even flying. We were hovering above the others. Would the landing hurt for them. I already put them in enough pain.

"Hey," Jack whispered "close your eyes."

I did as he told me and closed my eyes. I suddenly felt the wind blowing in my face harder than before. I felt my hair brushing my forehead and eyes.

"It's amazing," I told Jack.

"Open your eyes, we're about to land,' he advised me. I fluttered my eyes open, seeing the ground. It looked more like a flooring. It was stone. Could we have found a way back to the entrance of the portal?

I watched as everyone fell on the ground, rubbing their necks in pain. Jack grabbed me by the shoulders and slowly flew me down on my feet.

"Really?!," Merida complained "you're the reason we're here yet you don't get the fall?!'

"I'm sorry," I apologized, feeling a tear shred down my cheek. Jack jumped in front of me, defending me.

"Hey!, Hasn't she went through enough?! Give Elsa a break for once would ya?!," Jack shouted. Merida looked a bit intimidated from Jack's comeback against her.

Merida's POV

I stared at Jack, stunned as he fought back my complaint. He hasn't talked much while Elsa was gone and now suddenly he was argueing with me? I bent my head down in shame. Hiccup came from behind me and grabbed my head and put it beside his chest. My face was muffled in his warm shirt, letting one eye peak out to see what was happening. Hiccup muffled his head in my hair. He smirked to himself. Could he have had a backup plan?

"I will protect you, no matter what," he whispered in my ear. I nodded in his shirt, letting myself cry. My tears were staining his white shirt but he didn't seem to mind. I then backed away and looked up and saw a portal. I recognised it. It was the portal back to the castle.

"Look," I sniffed and pointed at the portal.

"Yea," Hiccup smiled. It was time to go home.

Jack's POV

I walked with the group up to the portal until I looked behind and noticed Elsa hesitating. I let everyone go ahead me and I walked back to Elsa.

"What's wrong?," I asked.

"I'm the reason this all happened," she said sadly "maybe I should leave."

"Elsa! It could have happened to anyone," I reassured her and patted her back "you belong with us."

She smiled and nodded and we both followed the others. Home.