Chapter 19

Jack's POV

We all sat around a table at North's workshop pondering. Nobody said anything, Rapunzel was nursing Anna, Hiccup was fiddlin around with the little braid in his hair, Merida was thinking about God knows what, and I just sat there. I actually let her go.

Just then we heard a buzzing noise, like somebody was trying to contact us. Our eyes shifted to the control panel and up to the screen. We all walk over to it, well besides Anna who had grown to weak. That's when the same face appeared on the screen, red hair, thin lips, fiery orange dress. Phoenix.

"Okay, I'm going to be straight forward here," she said in a commanding tone, chains rattled as she pulled over Elsa. Her hands were handcuffed behind her back and the handcuffs were attached to a long metal chain that she used to drag her into the image, her mouth was covered with some sort of cloth which appeared to be tied tightly around her mouth.

"Surrender to us or your little queen dies," she ordered. Hiccup walked up and pointed out, "Go ahead, she left our group."

Our eyes shot over at him, "Yeah," Merida agreed. Phoenix laughed, "Okay, how about I put it like this, if Elsa dies, Anna dies. Afterall, doesn't true love fix everything?"

Elsa continuesly tries to scream, trying to tell us something but it was impossible to understand what she could be warning us.

"Anna's useless," Merida rolled her eyes, that's when Rapunzel finally snapped, "What's wrong with both of yous? You and Hiccup were so nice at first, now your both so mean and just negative!"

Phoenix chuckles to herself and speaks, "Finally somebody brings that up! I've been dying to get to that part of out cleverly thought out plan."

I mouth 'what' before bursting in, "What did you do to them?!"

"Glass," she spoke, "And you wanna know where that glass came from?" she paused and smirked, then pointed to Elsa, "Her."

"Elsa would never do that," I remarked.

"Not willingly, but it amazes me what some people do to protect their loved ones."

Rapunzel jumped in, "You blackmailed her!"

"Wow you catch on fast," she mocked her sarcastically, "Magic glass, slowly freezing your friends. You see, we knew that we had to just make the group a little smaller, so we cursed the Brain and the Muscle. Not only would they eventually freeze to death, but their negativity would interfere with all your little schemes. Pitch also cursed Anna while he was at it, a curse that slowly chips away at you until you eventually die. How pleasant?"

I scowled at her, "If we surrender, you promise to return Elsa, and to break the curse?"

"I give you my word."

"Okay, we'll do it."

"Meet us here, at Pitch's lair, in person, all of yous, though I suppose you could leave Anna behind."

The screen switches off and we all glance at each other. We're just going to have to let Pitch win.

Elsa's POV