Double Date

Jaiden's POV

It was warm sunset Monday... And James has been ignoring me for weeks now. He's always with Angelica, hanging out with her...

I wanted to spend time and make it up to him. I've been a really horrible person to him...

I grabbed my phone and called him. Luckily he answers every phone call I make. Unlike me, I have a lot of missed calls from him.

Jaiden: Hey James?

James: Yeah?

Jaiden: I was wondering if we could have a double date? Me and Liam, and you and Angelica

James: Sounds good

Jaiden: Okay! See you outside the school at 6

James: See you

Call Ended

I'm glad James isnt mad at me after everything I've done to him. I'm lucky to have a friend like him.

So I went to change my clothes, called Liam up for a double date, picked a restaurant, and went out of my dorm to go to outside of the school.

I was early, it was just 5:55, and I'm expecting them to come at around 6 PM. But to my surprise, James came early too.

It was no shock that he's early. He's usually like this, ever since we were kids. He's always like this, everyday he would come to my house around like 5:50 AM just to play with me.

When we made eye contact, we just remained silent. We just looked at each others eyes. Then he drew closer to me.

James: Y-you look stunning

Jaiden: T-thanks... So, how a-are you and Angelica?

James: Doing well

Jaiden: That's good to hear...

After that, we have remained silent. Just standing there, being blown by the gentle breeze, not making eye contact.

After minutes of awkward silence, Angelica and Liam both finally showed up.

We said hello, and led them to me and James restaurant, Phoenix.

James wanted to go here and celebrate with me after our graduation. Which never happened because of me. So I thought of taking them here.

End of POV

The 4 have arrived at Phoenix, they took their seats and Liam raised his hands to order.

A waiter went to them and gave them a menu. They picked a food they liked

James and Jaiden ordered their favorite, which is Inside Out Quinoa Burger. (It was their childhood favorite menu, and up to now both of them still loved it)

Liam ordered Red Chili Noodles, and Angelica ordered Mediterranean Quinoa. (salad)

After receiving their orders. James started to joke around. Everyone laughed at his jokes, especially Jaiden, whose really amused by it.

Jaiden's POV

I laughed at James' jokes. It was really funny actually!

But I missed the days when I was his only audience. Him, making me laugh, me laughing at every jokes he make. I miss those.

I'm not falling in love with him... I mean, I have a boyfriend! There's no way I'm falling in love with my best friend...

But I just miss the days, that's all...

~9PM~

The double date's over. And it was really fun! I had fun especially with James. But I wonder why...

End of POV