Chapter 23 Warm Tea & Thinking Lately

Chapter 23

Warm Tea & Thinking Lately

Walking into the cafeteria with our lunches, Stella and I sat down at the table where Brandon was eating his lunch at.

"Where's Jared?" I asked.

"Sick." Brandon replied while eating his samdwich.

"Oh," I said and began to eat my lunch.

It was oddly quiet as we ate, Stella and Brandon were deep in conversation and there I was, being the definition of third wheel.

This lunch period couldn't go any slower, I thought to myself as I picked st the leafy salad in front of me resting my head on my arm held up by my elbow.

Walking into art, later that day, I was about to sit next to Cameron like always. When I saw Stephanie sitting my seat. She had somewhat dark skin with a mess of curly dark brown hair. They were there laughing and looked really cute together.

Choosing not to bug the couple, I smiled at the pair and took a seat in the back where nobody sat and got out my sketchbook.

The bell rang and class began and Mrs. Callins started talking about how on Friday we had to pick a drawing from our sketchbook to submit as our best piece of this grading period as a final grade. Something about changing up the grading system for her class, and that we were her guinea pigs. Great.

The rest of the class period she let us have free draw as long as we turned something in at the end of the period, but I didn't do much aside from sketching out some flowers I remember from the bouquet Jared gave me.

I wonder what he was doing now. Probably listening to Danny Wildner songs or something. I don't know any of the songs really. I always change the radio station when one of his songs came on.

My phone vibrated and snapped me out of my somewhat of a daydream. Looking for Mrs. Callins, she wasn't at her desk on her computer. But the student teacher was sitting there. Everyone else was obviously on their phones, taking advantage of the absent teacher, so I took out mine.

To Haley:

So ready for the Spring Break, I'm sick of school.

Replying to Rebecca I wrote that I agreed and checked out my eQuipps news feed. It was mostly filled with Rebecca's arguments with that @thatguyyoulike125 person.

I laughed at a bunch of them, they had stupid arguments, but they were really cute.

Someone whispered, "She's back."

And I took it as my cue to put my phone away and continue drawing. Sliding my phone in my back pocket I continued shading in the flowers.

The bell finally rang and we all left the classroom. Cameron and Stephanie continued talking and they looked really cute. I smiled at the pair and left the room and down the hallway. I had to ask Cameron about her later.

The next day, the day went by pretty fast and I found myself doing my homework as the rain pounded on my bedroom window. Closing the blinds, I walked back over to my desk and turned up the radio.

"Let's just say we're friends

When do these arguments end

Is this just pretend

Maybe fate's saying something

Or maybe it's a love hate thing

Either way baby I think it's fate saying something to me.."