Chapter 26 Meant to Be & That's Me

Chapter 26

Meant to Be & That's Me

"Look, if this doesn't work out, then what?" I asked, throwing my arms in the air.

I could vividly see his facial features but I was pretty sure it was a guy. I blinked a few times, but my undefined vision remained the same. I then vividly saw the guy hand run through his hair.

"Why don't you trust me?" he asked, looking at me.

"I-I do, it's just I-"

"You're scared I won't be there.." he finished off for me as he sighed looking down at his shoes.

"I-I'm sorry." I managed to say as I fiddled with my fingers and looked up at him.

"Don't be sorry. If, if you can't do this then I guess I can't either." he said shaking his head.

"Wait, Jared, I-" I began, as tears started to brim my eyes.

"Goodbye Haley." he said and turned around, beginning to walk away.

Tears began to fill my eyes, making my vision blurred, and all I could hear were the hopeless sobs, escaping my lips as I fell to the floor.

"Shhhhh.." someone said brushing my hair from my face, as I realized it was only just a dream.

Sighing, I wiped my damp eyes and opened them. It was dark in the room and the crack in the doorway had minimal light.

"Go back to sleep now." Jared whispered and I slowly shut my eyes and fell asleep, the warmth surrounding me.

Waking up, I felt a warm arm draped over my stomach.

"Jared." I said in a whisper.

"Jared." I repeated.

I sighed and laid there for a couple minutes. The room was filled with light, as the window was a bit open and the breeze hit the dark blue curtains. The contrast in the dark hue of the curtains and the light yellow walls were a nice mix and the view of some of the city was nice.

Facing Jared, I moved a couple hairs from his face. As I was about to move another hair his eyes opened and he realized his arm was still over my side.

"Sorry." he said and moved his arm.

"Is that..." I sniffed.

"Pancakes!" Jared and I said at the same time, with smiles on our faces.

"Race ya!" Jared said and hopped out of bed as he ran down the stairs.

Following close behind, I ran downstairs and in the kitchen were my Aunt Marie and Uncle James making breakfast. While Rebecca, Stella, and Brandon were busy eating away the smell drifted down the hallway the two of us lined up and were each handed plates as Rebecca's parents laughed.

"So what did you guys do last night?" Stella said bumping me with her hip, as she went in the fridge to grab some orange juice and I walked over to the table.

"Sleep." I said as I sat down and began chewing my piece of chocolate chip pancake.

"So you slept together?" she said, raising her eye brows suggestively.

"Ew, you're such little pervert." I said.

"Whatever." she replied.

"Well we need to buy some more groceries for this week, there's more pancakes on the counter if you want any." Aunt Marie said and grabbed her car keys as her and her husband left.

Brandon and Jared got a couple more pancakes and stole the butter and syrup as they went into the living room to watch tv.

As I jabbed my pancake and took a bite of it I realized, Rebecca hadn't said a word this morning, only furiously tapping on her phone and chuckling from time to time.