Chapter 24 Packing & Acting

Chapter 24

Packing & Acting

Slamming my locker shut, I smiled as the last bell rang. We were officially on spring break.

Thank god.

Walking down the hallway I passed by Jessica and Tom. Jessica's big headphones were still around her neck but moved to the side a bit by Tom's

"Hey Jessica, hey Tom." I said as I smiled at the two.

"Hey," Tom said.

"Hi," Jessica said and shyly looked away.

"So..any plans for spring break?" I asked.

"Probably hanging out with friends, sleeping, eating, and a lot of sleeping." Tom said and I laughed.

"How about you Jessica?"

"P-Probably making some new p-playlistd and internet surfing." She shrugged and looked down to her feet.

"Wish I could do that, but Stella's making me go to LA with her, Brandon, and Jared." I said and looked over at Stella waving me over.

"Well should get going, have a good break!" I said.

"You too." Jessica said a bit quietly and hugged me.

"See you!" I said as I released Jessica, and waved at the pair making my way further down the hall.

Waving to a couple of the track team members, as I made my way to Stella's locker, I saw the familiar blonde was talking to some freshman and sophomores about something I couldn't hear about.

"Hey, ready to go?" I said.

"Let's go!" Stella said and we walked outside.

"Did you pack yet?" I asked as we made our way down the block.

Stella laughed nervously, "Well you see, I had to this, this thing. And, and..no."

I facepalmed, "You've got to start packing days before..what happened to the list?"

"I accidentally recycled it." She said and gave me a small smile.

"Ugh, Stella!" I groaned.

---

"And we are all, packed!" I said as I helped Stella pile in her last articles of clothing.

"Now we just have to close it." Stella sighed.

"Hm," I said and got an idea.

Climbing on her bed I sat on top of the bag and together we zipped the bag slowly and steadily.

"Success!" Stella yelled in triumph.

---

After mindlessly watching tv and eating chips for about an hour, I decided to leave and get my stuff ready.

After saying bye to Stella, I grabbed my backpack and jacket, then started walking home.

Unlocking the door, I went straight to my room and tossed my backpack on the floor. Grabbing all the things I didn't pack yet, I put those in my bag and zipped it up.

Going to the bathroom I took a quick shower and brushed my hair as I came out. Tossing my hairbrush on my bed I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

Exiting the bathroom, I walked over to my closet and took out my black sweatshirt with the words 'I'd Rather Be Sleeping' in white along with a pair of black sweatpants. We were going on a long car ride and I wanted to be comfortable, sue me.

Changing into the new set of clothes I put my hair up in a bun and grabbed my phone. Quickly texting Rebecca that I was excited to come over, I started to play some music.

Rebecca quickly texted back saying that she was excited to see Stella again and that she was bored without us.

To Rebecca:

We'll be over in a couple hours! Sit tight!

To Haley:

Thank god!

Setting my phone on my bed, I stood up and made sure I had everything packed in my bag.

Honk.

Lugging my bag to the front door I turned off the music, the lights, and anything that shouldn't be on too long. Hearing another honk, I opened the door and locked it, lugging my bags with me.

Opening the trunk, I tossed my bag inside and shut it. As I opened the back door I sat down and greeted Brandon and Stella.

Buckling my seatbelt I turned to look at the couple in the front seats and I asked where Jared was.

"Oh, he said he's not coming." Brandon said.

"Oh, okay." I said with disappointment.

Taking my phone out of my pocket I unlocked it and the car started to move foward.

Choosing a playlist, I looked out the window and we were in front of Jared's house.

"I thought he wasn't coming." I said.

"Oh, we just wanted to see how'd you react." Stella said. "And I wanted to try acting so you've just witnessed my debut!"

Rolling my eyes I put my headphone back into my ear and the door opened. Looking to my right, Jared came inside and threw his bag on the ground and sat down.

"Hey," He greeted.

"Hi," I replied and turned my head in the direction of the window.

As time went by the sky got darker and my eyes grew heavier. Suddenly my eyes shut and I fell asleep.

---

"You need to grow some balls dude." A somewhat deep voice said

"I have some." Another person said, which was closer to me.

"Then ask her out!"

I was pretty sure that was Brandon talking.

"I-I-I can't. What if she rejects me? What if she never wants to talk to me again? What if-"

And that must be Jared.

"Stop with the 'What If's'! I bet you she will say yes!"

Who are they talking about? Is Jared going to ask out Amy or something?

"I'd much rather have her talking to me than avoiding me." Jared sighed.

"Well you did make a huge mistake telling freaking Scott she hated him. And you wonder why she didn't talk to you all throughout that summer." Brandon said.

Finally sick of hearing this conversation I went back to sleep.

Author's Note~

Add this story to your reading list or a reading list this week if you already haven't and I'll mention all your usernames during the next update. One lucky person will get a dedication next chapter!

Until the next update <3