He's Disappointed

He spent that day talking with his friend Lee. He'd known him since kindergarten, but they weren't good friends back then. He also couldn't say they were best friends now, he still didn't know much about him. He knew he liked horses and had a few dogs but not much other than that. They just usually sat together in silence, they didn't need to talk to feel good in each other's company. Charles was good at listening, even though he always looked tired.

Samuel couldn't talk with Alex at school that much. What if others got suspicious? That's why they only sometimes sat together at lunch. He couldn't take his mind off the expression Hamilton had that morning. Was he disappointed? Mad that he couldn't visit? Sam decided it was best to talk with him as soon as he got the chance. He saw Alex standing in front of the library, he was talking with one of his friends. It was the foreign exchange student, Gilbert.

"Hey, Alex!" Samuel smiled and walked towards them.

"Hi, Samm-" Hamilton quickly bit his tongue, "-uel, what do you need?"

"Can we talk?" he looked at them a bit nervous. "In private?"

Alexander looked at Laf, the other smiled and walked away. "See you at lunch," was the last thing he said in a thick French accent. Some people rumored he was faking it to be cooler, but it was rather obvious Gilbert was just French.

"So?" Hamilton smiled. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Are you going to break up with me because I don't want to tell anyone about us?" Samuel said quietly so that no one would hear them. Hamilton looked at him in surprise, as in he just said exactly what he was thinking. He opened his mouth to say something but Sam cut him off, "tell me the truth."

"Well, the truth is... Yes, I am rather annoyed you want to hide it. It's really tiring living in constant fear that someone might find out your secret. But I wasn't going to break up with you for that."

Samuel appreciated the honesty. He took a deep breath, "if you want... We can try and tell about it to our friends... As long as it doesn't go public. Would that be better?"

Hamilton thought about it for a moment then nodded.

"Gosh, I'm so glad that we can just talk about our problems instead of hiding them!"

"Haha-... Yeah..." Hamilton laughed nervously. Was there something more he wanted to talk about? He didn't look fond of continuing the conversation at that moment so Samuel decided to leave it be.

At lunch, they walked together to their table while going over how exactly they were going to tell others. They decided to tell their closest friends after they ate. The others were already waiting for them. Charles sat at one end, John was looking at him coldly from the other. Alex sat closer to Laf and Hercules. Mulligan always dressed well, he designed his clothes himself. Everyone started to eat and chat about school and other random stuff, all except Charles. He looked exhausted like he hadn't slept in a while. Not only that, but he also didn't like any of them, he only agreed to sit there because of Sam.

When they finished eating, Hamilton shot Samuel a look that said: "Are you sure about it?" In response, he nodded. They had to compromise to keep this ship sailing. Seabury put his arm on Lee's shoulder, he seemed to fall asleep.

"Charles, would you mind going outside with me for a moment?"

He yawned, got up, and started to walk to the exit.

"I think that means yes," he said to himself and followed.

They stood outside in awkward silence.

"So?" Charles tried to break it.

"So... We've known each other for years...:"

"And?" he yawned.

"And... Do you have a problem with homosexuality?" Sam looked at his feet. Maybe this was a bad idea. What if he'd say something mean?

"No, not at all. Why do you ask?" he suddenly woke up and seemed more cheerful.

"Because I might be bi. There I said it."

"Oh, that's awesome! I actually also wanted to tell you something! And this is the perfect op-" Samuel interrupted him with a loud happy squeak.

"You really think so? You're the coolest guy in the world! I can't wait until you meet my boyfriend! I mean, like officially, because you already met him-" Charles' face dropped a little. Samuel realized how rude he acted, "I'm sorry, I just got excited. What were you saying?"

"I-... I'm glad we're friends." He smiled but looked a bit sad. "Listen, I've got that thing that I have to do. Now. Bye!" He quickly walked away. Was he sad because he thought now Samuel would have less time for him?

"What a silly goose! I'll always have time for friendship!" Sam thought.

He still had one class left, history. In his opinion, the most boring class in the world. They just sat there listening to Mr. Washington talk about stuff. Samuel rested his head on his hand and tried to focus. Right now the teacher was talking about... something he didn't care. Why was he speaking so monotone? Sam could only catch parts of the lecture, something about Britain and the king. Something, something, the third. His eyes closed on his own.

"Wait, I can't sleep in school!" he quickly opened his eyes. He wasn't sitting on his desk anymore. Instead, he was laying on a red sofa, it was quite comfy. He looked around. Everything was white, like in his last dream, but this time, he saw someone in the distance. He didn't think he met him before. He was wearing a white shirt with gold details, and black pants, there was a red cape over his arms, he looked like a prince of some sort. His hair was blond and curly, a part of it was dyed the same red as his cape. His eyes were ocean blue, just like the ones from the last night! He tried to say something, but it seemed like there was a forcefield muffling his voice. He looked disappointed.

Suddenly, everything went black and Sam woke up. Mr. Washington asked if he was feeling okay. He then said that if he was just sleepy then he should've just gone to sleep earlier. Samuel apologized and looked at the TV screen that the teacher was using to show them a presentation on the subject he was discussing. One one of them he saw him, the guy from his dream. He was just older, more serious, and wearing old-timey clothes. The picture was signed "King George the III". So that's why he had that dream, he must've heard Mr. Washington talk about him. Everything was seemingly fine, but he still got that feeling something wasn't right. 

---

boom edited B)
~ Fixed some mistakes (note: still
Thursday)