He's Dreaming

"Wake up"

Sun raised high above the horizon. It was soon to be noon in the Teacup kingdom. Like always at that time kings messager, Samuel Seabury, made his way through the enchanted forest. He sat on a small brown horse, named Seabird. He would be pissed at the person that named the horse but he heard that it could've been worse. His frenemy for instance, Alexander, got a horse named Lizard. What a stupid name for a horse.

"A Lizard" he whispered under his breath, "I really hope the king will fire whoever makes those names."

He wore the messenger uniform, and had a shield with kings crest on it, but he didn't have any weapons. His safe conduct that king and the leader of the rebels signed obligated him not to. Ah yes, the rebels. King was in the middle of a war with these creatures, his father actually started it and he had to continue it, even if he didn't want to, it was his father's last wish for him to while them all out. The rebels were all kinds of creatures from fairy tales, basically all of the non human beings. He rode more and more deeper into the forest, it was getting so dark he had to squint his eyes to see anything. Suddenly a magic spear appeared from the darkness and flew to his direction. In the last second he waved his hand to make it fly in the different direction.

"Show yourself you monster!" Seabury screamed and alighted from his horse.

"Wake up"

Said a voice from nowhere. The second his feet touched the ground he started to fall, faster and faster, and his surrounding got dark, darker, yet darker until he couldn't see anything. Finally he stopped falling, black as night water broke his fall. It was really rough, the giant waves constantly dragged him under. He took a deep breath seconds before giant wave struck him, he instinctively closed his eyes. When he opened them again he was under the surface staring at a big book. It looked really old, ancient could even some say, on the cover it had a black shape of a crow. Suddenly it moved and the pages started turning on their own, four words were harshly written across them with red ink: "NOT WHAT HE SEEMS" over and over again with many splatters. Pages turned faster every second until they stopped on a page with "it's me" calligraphed onto it.

"Wake up"

The mysterious voice demanded once more. Samuel tried to swim up to breath in some air but something heavy dragged him down. He could feel a hand tighten around his ankle. He looked down and saw some dark scary monster, it was all melted, like it was a part of the dark water and it tried to make him a part of it as well. Even if he couldn't move he still pushed his hands forward to reach the surface, to grasp even a tiniest bit of oxygen. He closed his eyes and thought that it was all over, and it really was.

Until someone grabbed his hand and pulled him out to the sunlight. He coughed and looked at the one who saved him

"G-george? What's happening?" I looked at him confused, then I looked at his hand holding mine. Holding. Touching. Without the barrier "George! There's no barrier! That's amazing! And scarry at the same time! What the bllody hell is happening? What was that?"

"Darlin', there's no time to explain, just whatever you do don't drop my hand and don't think about scary or dangerous stuff. We need to run or they'll find me" I finally heard his voice for the first time, he sounded even more British than me, I mean that's not a surprise, because he is a British king, or was, or wasn't, whateveritsallmessedupbutyeah. Before I could respond or ask him about anything else he started to run and dragged me behind so I would follow. I focused on my surroundings. We were in a forest running on a small path. The trees grew all around us, almost appearing as we walked. I couldn't hear anything except for us running. What were we running from? Was it something from the forest? Suddenly it felt scarier and darker than before. Were there wolfs in the bushes, watching us as we run? Immediately I heard a loud howl. George turned around and didn't look pleased with what he saw.