He's Late Again?

Another day after a whole night of adventures, is it Tuesday already?

No one woke me up today, which was weird since my mom always did that. I got up from my bed and found a note taped on the door to my room. It said:
"Couldn't wake you up. I'm late for work. Love you, Mom <3

Ps. Eat breakfast, it's the most important meal."

"I overslept?!" I tried to get ready for school as quickly as possible, which ment that today I'll go with loose hair.

I walked into my classroom in the middle of second class. The whole class turned around and looked at me surprised.

"Ah, Mr. Seabury decided to finally show up to school." The teacher said annoyed.

"I'm sorry, that never happens to me, I don't know why I overslept this time." I looked down.

"Just sit down, and next time please knock before entering." He said and continued what he was doing before.

I looked around the classroom. Lee wasn't there like yesterday, Alex still ignored me, but I think I spot John looking back at me for a second, before turning to Alex.

I felt even worse than yesterday, I really had to fight myself to stay awake.

It was lunch break, I wasn't hungry so I just sat on the ground in the corridor. I spotted Reynolds, he looked like he hadn't slept well, good. He also spotted me, for a second I was worried that he'll do something to me once again, but he quickly walked away. I guess George's idea worked. I wanted to nap, even if it would be for only a few minutes, so I closed my eyes.

"Sam?" I heard someone call.

What now... I opened my eyes annoyed and saw that John was looking at me worried.

"Are you okay?" I just nodded. "You're really pale... In class I was worried you're going to faint."

"I'm okay, just tired, thanks for asking. " I smiled.

"By the way, you look nice with your hair loose." He smiled and sat next to me. We started to chat about stuff and school until someone interrupted us.

"John, babe, I wanted to ask-" Alex froze mid sentence when he saw me sitting next to John. He made a weird cough noice with his throat and tried to smile, but it looked really awkward. "Saaaaammy-uel, heyyy."

"Hi Alex." I tried to end this awkward moment. "Nice to see you again after, you know. By the way I'm happy for you guys, whole school waited for you two to finally get together."

The silence was awful.

"Sooooooo" He looked around. "We have a nice weather today."

"Indeed, very sunny." I coughed. Nevermind talking is worse.

John looked at us from a side. "Oh, come on." I heard him whisper annoyed to himself.

"Sam, after school we're going out for a coffee with the squad, wanna join us?" He stood between Alex and me, like a father making his kids apologies to themselves.

"Yeah, gladly." I smiled. Maybe things will finally go back to the way they used to be, even if Charles is still mad at me.

"O, and Lee can come along if you want to." He said that with a hint of disgust.

"I don't think he'll want to. We had a fight and now he doesn't want to talk to me." My smile dropped.

"What?! I promise if that stinky coward did anything to you I'll gladly punch him." He didn't look like he was joking.