He's Running Away

One more ninja star pieced in the ground in front of us. George immediately grabbed my hand and started running, while I tried to keep up.

"I'm not leaving you this time!" I could hear the fear in his voice.

"Were on the roof, how are we supposed to escape?" I was quite scared myself.

"Were going to jump, then open the door!" He was running with me to the edge of the roof.

"What?! I can't make that jump! We're going to fell!" I started to panic.

"We're still in a dream, so don't worry!" He didn't seem that convinced. We stopped for a second at the ledge.

"Then just open the door here! Or change the skyscrapers into something else!" I looked back to see how far was that ninja guy, for now I'll call him Bob, because he seems less intimidating that way. He himself was now jumping to our roof.

"I- can't, he's blocking my abilities. B-but I'm 70% sure I can still make that jump with you. Either way you're going to be fine... Probably." I tried to protest, but he grabbed me closer and jumped to the next roof. I screamed as I looked down at the cars, they were so small.

We tumbled and everything was spinning for a second, George was holding me in his arms the entire time, normally I would blush, but right now I was about to fall from a skyscraper. We finally stopped.

"We made it! Are you okay?" He seemed to forget about Bob chasing us.

"OPEN THE DOOR" I got up from the ground and looked around too see how far he was. I couldn't see him anywhere.

I heard a noise from behind. He was standing on the other side of the roof with his sword out. Every sound stopped for a second and I could almost hear our hearts racing. No one moved and we just stared at each other.

Suddenly a quiet noise broke the silence, the sound of George snapping his fingers. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as both of us raced to the door that appeared and Bob threw another of his stars. We run through the door and closed them behind us as the star priced into them.

On the other side of them was water, lots of water and not the Hallway as I expected. Fortunately we landed on a ship.

"We made it! Ha! Not today weirdo! My beautiful face lives another day!" George scream to where seconds ago were the doors.

"Yeah! Are you sure he can't follow us?" I asked.

"Of course, I lost in him that way many times, there is zero, no, null chance he can follow us without a dream compass" He reached to his pocket and looked for it, but couldn't find it. "O my gosh he can totally follow us here."

"Then open the door to the Hallway, you said he can't go there."

"I can't! I never tried opening it without it, and what if now that he have it he can also follow me there?"

I tried to think of something while we still had a bit of time.

"Whay if you jump dreams a couple of times? Maybe he'll lost you? You don't need to open a specific door, so you don't need the compass."

"But he can easily follow me when he'll see the door , also the doors leave a track and it takes a while to dissappear!"

The same door we came here opened behind him. We had nowhere else to run. Bob stepped out ready to attack.

I had an idea, it was risky, but it just might work.

"George go, I'll keep him as long as I can!" I looked around for a  weapon of some sorts. I saw a thicc piece of wood and I picked it up, it was better than nothing.

"What?! I won't let you-" Another star pirced into the floor right in front of him. "Okay, Sam, you're my best friend, please don't die!"

George opened a door and Bob ran after him and cough a piece of George's cape. I swung my wood like a sword at him and he had to let it go and block it with his sword. George left and it was just me and Bob on board of the ship.

Me and a piece of wood vs a creepy dude with a sword and I have no idea what else he might be hiding. I don't know if I'm being stupid or brave right now.

Either way I tried to attack him once more. He jumped off and landed with almost no sound, like a cat.

I'm actually fighting this guy.

I decided not to wait and hit him again and again using the element of surprise. He blocked my every attack, not letting a single hit touch him. I still kept on pushing forward to bring him into a corner.

He finally tripped on a piece of a rope that was laying on the ground, I used that as my chance to knock him off and took a big swing. In matter of seconds he used his sword to slash my piece of wood leaving me with a pathetic looking stick.

Bob quickly stood up and raised the tip of his sword to my face. I closed my eyes and gulped. Suddenly a big wave hit the ship. I lost my balance and felt that I was falling off the ship.

"Aah!" I screamed forgetting to keep my breath.

Then I felt someone grabbing my wrist. I looked up and saw that Bob caught me before I hit the water. He pulled me on board without saying anything.

"W-why did you help me?" I was shaky and  confused. He stood in a slight distance.

"W-why are you doing this?" No answer. I walked a bit to him.

"Why are y-you chasing George?" He was still quiet, but looked clearly annoyed even if I couldn't see his face. I just stood there for a while not knowing what to do, since I didn't know how to get out of there myself.

"W-what... Who are you?" I tried to ask him once more.

He turned around and I stepped back still frightened by him. Bob walked to me and I wasn't sure what he was planning to do. He stood a few centimeters away from me for a second, and then snapped his fingers. My dream door appeared.

"Go back to sleep." He finally said. His voice was cold, and mysterious just like himself, yet I could felt a bit of grief and disappointment in it.

I did as he ordered. The doors closed behind me and disappeared. I was drifting away into a normal sleep again. Yet I couldn't quite relax. One thing was still on my mind.

The fact that I've already heard that voice before.

---
~1160 words

Woah, not counting the first chapter, which isn't really a chapter this is already chapter number 15 burGER KiNG FOOT LETTUCE. THE LAST THING YOU'D WANT- sorry not sorry I love this meme