He's Alone

"Samuel wake up! It's almost time for school." My mom yelled and went back to the kitchen. "I've already made you breakfast."

"Mommmm.... I'm not going to fall for that the second time. It's Sunday, I don't have school until Monday." I hummed and put a pillow over my face to block out the sunlight.

"We don't have time for that, just check your phone." She yelled back and I did as she said.

Let's see... Today is.... M-Monday? But that would mean I slept the whole day! And most importantly Lee's going to be so pissed off!

I quickly started to get ready and pack myself because I hadn't done that on the night before. That ment I didn't have time to make a ponytail.

I quickly ran to school and tried to find Lee before the school started to apologize. I felt awful. Not only because I stood him up, but also because I felt sick. I was still tired, like I hadn't slept at all for a couple of days. My head hurt and I couldn't focus.

I found Lee standing near his locker.
"Charles!" I walked to him. He looked at me visibly angry. "Before you start to yell at me I just want to say that I'm sorry."

"Sam, if you didn't want to come you could've just said." He sounded hurt.

"No! No, it's not like that, I wanted to come just-" The school bell interrupted me.

"Sorry, I've got classes. Traitor." He said and walked away without waiting for me.

"Wait, but we're in the same class!" He didn't seem to hear that, or maybe he didn't want to hear. I was sad that my only friend was mad at me.

I walked to our class, but didn't find him there, instead I saw Alex talking to Laf. I wanted to say hi, but when he noticed me he just walked away with him.

"Well, that wasn't nice..." I said to myself.

The teacher then came and apologized for being late. I sat at my desk and looked around but Charles wasn't in class. Then I found where Alexander was sitting. I looked in his eyes and waved but once again he ignored me and acted like he hadn't notice.

I tried to find Lee and to talk with Alex the whole day but Lee vanished and Alex ignored me. I was walking through the corridor when someone pushed me.

"Poor Sammy, all your friends left you." It was Reynolds, he was school's biggest bully. "Who's going to protect you now?"

"L-leave me a-alone, I d-don't have time for t-that." I tried to look brave but he was really strong and scary.

"Oh, really? Lee has already left the school and Alexander hates you. What a shame you weren't here on Friday. You could've listened to what he said about you." He crossed his arms.

"W-what?" I knew we broke up in anger, but why would Alex hate me?

"You know, how much of a burden you were, how you were always scared, how you thought only of yourself, how you didn't want anyone to know about it like you were ashamed of him... By the way he told everyone about your little secret relationship." He then chuckled kind of like a snake. I didn't know what to say.

"Don't worry, he already found a replacement for you. He's already dating John, they probably planned your breakup long ago. He was with you only from pity. No one would really love something like you. And that fool Lee? You never see how much you hurt him. You're both worthless. " I felt tears in my eyes.

It's all my fault... Hamilton hates me because I wasn't enough, and Lee is mad at me because I was a terrible friend. I'm too selfish and weak...

"So I'll repeat my question: Who's going to protect you now?" He smiled and pushed me once again, but harder, so I fell on the ground. He then walked away laughing at me.

I was alone.

I walked back home with his laughter still echoing in my head. After I went to my room I immediately laid down on my bed and cried until I fell asleep.

-

Darkness. Darkness everywhere.

"Hello?" Samuel called out. He couldn't see anything, but he could feel that the ground was made from a slimy substance. He didn't like staying there so he decided to move. As he walked he could swear he heard the wind whispering something.

He spotted his school in the distance so he started to run as fast as he could but it was getting farther and farther away and the slime was stopping him from moving. He started to drawn in it like in quicksand.

"Help! Someone! Anyone!" He started to panic and tried to grab onto something. He grabbed someone's hand. He looked up to see who that was.

"Lee! I'm so glad you're here, I was so scared, I-"

"You failed me." Charles face showed no emotion but anger.

"I'm sorry, I'll change, I'll be a better friend-" He started to cry.

"I don't want to see you Seabury." He then let go of his hand and turned around letting him drown.

When Samuel opened up his eyes again he was falling. He fell on a bunch of trees that crashed his fall. He was now in the middle of a forest, surrounded by unknown sounds.

"I'm sorry... I don't want to be alone.... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." He repeated over and over again as he curled up in a ball and closed his eyes.

Everything went a bit more calm and quieter, he didn't notice it though because he was still crying.

He felt a pair of arms wrapped around him in a tight hug.

"It's okay, it's just a nightmare. I'm here. You'll never be alone. I'm always here." George said quietly.

It's a nightmare. I'm dreaming.

I hugged him back and cried in his chest.

"It's okay darling, let it all out. You let your hair loose, that's... Different, I quite like it." He tried to cheer me up.

After a while I sat up and wiped my eyes. I looked around. The forest didn't seem so scarry and unfriendly when I was with George. I sat next to him, and he still had an arm around me.

"Sammy, what happened? Did someone hurt you? Do I have to kill someone?" He seemed worried.

"I.. Messed up. My ex hates me... I stood up Lee and he also probably hates me... And now that I'm alone Reynolds... He already pushed me and said a bunch of mean things to me. I'm scared of him. Before I met Alex he always bullied me and others."

"Don't worry about that bloody bastard. I know I can't protect you outside, but I have an idea. Let's hunt him in his dream. Would you like that?"

"I don't know... That seems bad." I didn't know if revange was the right option.

"We're not going to hurt him, we'll just scare him off and he won't bother you again. We're not the bad guys, he is. So?" He smiled, grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"Fine, I guess that's okay."

---
My second book from this Au is up, so if you also like Lams you can go and read it. I also posted a special Easter chapter there.

Happy Easter everyone!

~1200 words

~Edited (note: Monday. Are we the baddies?)