He's High

Finally! A new chapter!
---

"Holy Guacamole!"

I felt like I was flying through space. Everything felt so weird. Suddenly I hit something and everything slowed down. "Ouch..." The floor broke my fall.

I looked around, everywhere were doors, but they all looked a bit wonky.

"Heck, it worked!" I must be in the Hallway, but it looks differently, George probably never been here before.

I walked forward hoping I'll find the part George showed me, and then George. I walked, and walked, but the corridor seemed to go on forever.

"George! I'm here!" I called, but nobody came.

I was running out of options. I tried to summon my book, I managed to do that faster than before. I looked inside of it searching for anything that could've helped me.

"That's it! I'll open someone's dream, and while coming out of it I just need to focus on the place I want to enter. Easy!"

In reality it wasn't easy at all. First I had to try and find the door of someone I know, then open it again, but from inside their dream. I had no idea if it'd work.

I tried that anyway. I chose Alex's door because I knew him the best. The book said that I had to think of that person, and walk forward and their door should appear. I did just that.

In front of me was wooden door, one half of it was dark, the other half was light. In the middle it had painted on a broken sword and a quill. The handle looked like a inkwell.

I guess it looked quite right. I opened them up and stepped inside. That was a mistake. On the other side was a big hill. I couldn't keep my balance and rolled down it.

"Why do dreams hurt so much?.." I slowly got up and tried to clean my clothes from the dirt. I looked around and saw a knight on a horse with his helmet on, he was pointing his sword towards me.

Is he like a real person? I guess not since this is Alex's dream, and the knight is rather tall, so he must be a part of the dream. So, can he hurt me? George said about something that I might die in here, so I'll better not risk anything.

"You there! Stop! You're a spy, aren't ya!" He climbed off the horse and stepped towards me. I held my hands up high. "Or a witch of some sorts."

That's it. I can use it to make him scared.

"A wizard in fact! Now, let me go, or I will turn you into a frog." I tried to sound intimidating, and mysterious. He looked at me like I was stupid, then laughed.

"A frog? I bet a little kid like you can't even cast one simple spell." He stuck his sword into the ground and leant on it.

"Y-you have been warned knight! I'll give you one more chance. You don't want to make a powerful wizard mad!"

"Don't worry, I don't see any around." He yawned.

Okay, that didn't work... So what now? I don't know how long it'll take me to open a door out of here, so I better think of something fast before he slices me in half.

"I'm not a very patient man, kid." He stopped leaning on his sword and ripped it out of the ground ready to use it at any time.

"W-wait! I can prove that I'm a wizard, watch." Okay Samuel, you have one shot, don't throw it away.

I closed my eyes and snapped my fingers. The knight gasped.

"So you told the truth. You're a wizard, not a very good one, but still."

I opened my eyes. In my hand was a blue marker.

"The New America could always use a wizard. Sorry, I didn't introduced myself." He took of his helmet. "I am sir Alexander Hamilton, the son of General Washington, the mane commander of the army."

"Whaaaaat?! But- you're higher than me! Like a lot... Did you say son?"

"Come now, we gatta go to the castle." He grabbed my hand and the scene around us changed. We were now in the castle.

"Follow me wizard." Alex said and walked off. He didn't seem to recognize me, or even if, he thought that I was just a part of his dream. I guess I'll have to play along for now.

While we were walking I noticed that there was an slightly opened door on the left side of the corridor. I could see a glimpse of something moving behind them, so I stopped and opened them to see what it was.

On the other side was Alex's room, John was sitting on his bed.

"John?" I stept into the room. "Oh! You must be only Alex's dream. Of course Alex's dreams about you now that you-"

"Why did you came here?" John looked at me and asked.

"W-what?! How do you-"

"Lately I noticed you're often on my mind. I just can't get you out of my head."

John ws actually looking at something behind me, Alexander. I moved aside and just watched.

"So?" John didn't seem to be happy.

"You know what I mean. I was thinking." Alex came closer to John.

"I don't care, that was an accident." John turned away his face to not look at Alex.

"I would hardly call a kiss an accident." He sat next to John and put his hand on his. John just quickly shook it off.

"Don't. I can't be trusted around you. That was a mistake."

"Jacky, I know how you must feel, Eliza told me everything. I don't know why I was blind all this time, I thought you got over me years ago."

"I tried. I wanted to. It's all my fault." He really looked like he regretted everything.

"But let's be honest, did you really didn't want that?" Alex put his hand on John's face and turned it his way. He gently kissed his cheek.

"Alex, I can't. First you had Eliza, and now you have a boyfriend."

"Samuel is just a kid, I never felt that to him the same way I feel it to you. He'll get over it eventually." Alex hugged him.

"You're going to hurt him." John said, but didn't pull away.

"Then I'll break up with him. For now... Nobody needs to know." Alex kissed him again, this time his lips, John kissed back.

I quickly ran out of that room, tears were running down my face. Why am I crying? Didn't I said that I was happy for them? No, I was crying because to Alex I was just a warm up, I meant nothing, he never cared,  he cheated, he was with me even though he didn't want to, he lied.

I didn't want to be here anymore. I opened the firs dream door I thought of and got out. I bumped into someone.

"Sammy dear? What happened? Who hurt you?" George said and quickly hugged me. I didn't say anything and just cried into his arms.

---
1188~ words