He's Back

Sam's POV
---

I felt someone shaking me. I woke up with a soft blanket around my arms.

"Good morning sleeping beauty, it's time to wake up." It was Charles, of course, who else could that be.

"How long have I slept?" I yawned and stretched my arms.

"For about six hours. I didn't have the heart to wake you up earlier, you must've been so tired if you slept for that long." He smiled.

Six hours?! But I talked with George no longer than one hour. How is that possible?! I wasn't tired, and I certainly don't feel well rested after that nap. I actually feel like I haven't slept at all.

"Sorry I had to wake you up, but it's getting late and I'm afraid that my parents will be back in a short time. So yeah, if we want to keep this a secret we should go for now."

"Oh , okay." I quickly began to get up. I helped him carry all the things he had brought here, packed my book to the backpack and took it with me. We climbed the stairs and he closed the door behind us. After we came out Lee  locked the floor-door, then put the carpet back over it.

"Thanks Charlie" I gave him a tight hug. "I spent wonderful time with you, I hope we can do this again sometime. Once again thank you  for the book."

Lee became red like a strawberry. "No problem bro... I'm glad you liked it. If you want you can come here tomorrow too. I could even get more cookies."

"You know how to convince me. Deal." I gave him a peck on the cheek as a goodbye and started to walk home.

When I was on the other side of the street I heard a faded scream from his house. "He probably noticed that creepy spider too." I shrugged.

After a while of walking I was home. I opened the door and I saw my mom sitting on the couch, from the look on her face she wasn't amused. I looked at the clock. 5:18 pm. I'm in SO much trouble.

"Where were you? It's almost dark outside. I was worrying." She crossed her hands.

"Well thanks to you I went to school. On Saturday. Then I met Charles and we went to his place." I slowly started walking to my room to avoid the consequences.

"I'm sorry for waking you today, but that didn't mean that you can go off somewhere without telling me. What if a car hit you?"

I was too tired to argue after the whole day  and that argument with George and just wanted to sleep. I sighed. "I'm sorry mom, I know I should've told you where I was. I'll try not to do that next time. Don't wake me up please." After that I went to mu room and closed the door.

I tossed my backpack somewhere in the corner and threw myself onto my bed too tired to change my clothes. It's awesome that I can sleep and meet with George at the same time. It's weird and crazy, but that only makes it more fun then my normal life.

3... 2... 1... Yup, there I was again. I was actually happy this time, and I wanted to be here. I saw him across the barrier, he was laying on a big comfy sofa. He was playing chess with himself. When he noticed me he looked surprised, but happy nevertheless. I waved to him and smiled, though I was still curious what he was saying to himself. I don't think he knew I could see that he was talking something even if I couldn't hear it.

"Now, let's see if I can do this trick with the marker once again." I said to myself. It wasn't actually that hard, especially the second time. I just had to focus and imagine that I was holding it, simmilar to how I moved the book. This time I made the ink green, because that was my favorite colour. After a couple of tries I managed to pull that off and I was ready to write.

George smiled and clapped his hands after seeing what I did. He then closed his hands together, and when he opened them again his marker magically appeared in there. He  bowed with a smirk.

"What a showoff." Still, I was quite impressed.

"Hello there, you already missed my beautiful face? -3-"

"You wish XD I want you to explain something to me."

"Shoot."

"What's with the time in here? Like we talked for a bit and boom 6hrs passed."

"I guess the time just passes differently Idk I'm not a scientist, I'm a king." He shrugged.

Oh right, he actually was the king. It's kind of creepy when you realize you're talking to a 200-something years old king of Britain.

"George? Can you tell me more about yourself? Like how this happened to you, why are you here? In my history classes they just told us you disappeared one day without a trace and your sister took over the throne. "

---
I just want to say, and remind you, that this story takes place in an alternate reality. This fictional world is not our word despite the fact that it's very similar. The biggest difference is that king George never had a wife, because one day in 1760 he went missing. People believed he just ran off, because he was insane. Most of the events are the same, except that his younger sister took over the throne, and then later her son became the king George the IV.

The universe  this characters are living is important to me because I'm planning on setting my other stories in this universe (that's why you get so little of other characters). I want actions of this characters to have consequences, to be seen in the difrent stories. I'm not sure if it's going to work, but I'll do my best.

~ 855 words, sorry for the short chapter but I spent far too much time on the history part. I might post what exactly happened as a special if you want to :)

~ Edit (note: Ooooh it's Saturday night)