Chapter Three

BECKY'S P.O.V.
I slowly opened my eyes, I squinted a the bright lights above me before hearing voices near the door and somewhat outside my room, "Miss Edwards, we need you to calm down please. Miss Daye, please very kindly shut up. Mr Turner and Mr Romell, can I speak to you seeing as you're her teachers?" I heard who I assumed was the doctor ask. "What's up Doc?" Mr Romell asked. "Miss Nelson, she suffered a lot of blood loss. I can confirm that she is going to make a full recovery but she should take it carefully, especially at college at least for a couple of days after she's been discharged. We will give her some medication for the pain but I know just how stubborn the Nelson's can be which means she'll need to be reminded and MADE to take them." The Doctor spoke. I knew immediately that it was Doctor Margo, "Margo, she's awake!" Another Doctor called when she finally noticed I was awake.

Doctor Margo rushed in immediately and checked me over, "You gave us quite a scare there Rebecca." She told me with a nice smile. "Sorry." I laughed lightly but stopped abruptly because of the pain. "So, what's up Doc? What are we thinking about the attack?" I asked. "I'm not sure. It was definitely a creature that attacked you but we haven't established what kind of creature yet. Mr Romell and Mr Turner say they're great in mythology studies so they said they'd take a look at the claw marks and see if they can find out what creature it was." She told me with a slight smile. That'd mean being almost naked in front of my teachers, great. Just great. "You will, however, be discharged today and we will be giving you some medication for the pain. The stab wound has been stitched up but will scar and the claw marks will leave you with a huge scar too. However, nobody will ever see them with them being on your back." She added. "I've asked Miss Edwards, Mr Romell and Mr Turner to keep an eye on you and make sure you're taking the medication." She said.

I slowly nodded as I processed everything she'd said, "Would you like me to bring your friends in?" She asked. "Yes please." I replied. I was slightly wondering why she used plural and not just "Friend" but I decided not to question her, Tessa, Shannon, Mr Turner and Mr Romell all walked in. I stared at Shannon before glancing around, she was honestly my worst enemy, "Hey, I know we haven't exactly seen eye to eye Nelson but you did save me from dying. I mean, I had no idea you could even fight. I didn't even know it was your car when I screamed for help, I'd be dead right now if it weren't for you and Edwards. So, thanks. I'll also get the rest of the girls to stop bullying you... Although Sasha probably won't." She explained to me before handing me a glittery homemade card. I slowly opened it and smiled, "Cheers Shannon." I replied with a small smile.

Tessa immediately pulled me into a hug, "Ahh, ow." I mumbled as I hugged her back. She placed her hand right over my wounds, "Sorry." She mumbled as we pulled out of the hug. "It's fine. Don't worry about it." I shrugged. "We're glad you're okay, Ree." Mr Turner spoke up. "It's Re-Becca." I grumbled. He shrugged, "I prefer Ree." He said. "We're gonna check out your wounds so do you girls wanna come with us to the college?" He asked. "It's Sunday.." Tessa moaned. "Damn, I've been out cold for five days?" I groaned. "Yep." Shannon nodded with a small smile. "Listen, my mums picking me up. I best go wait outside, see you girls on Monday. And please go with them, I wanna find out what creature tried to kill me." She added before waving and walking away. "She's so self centred still..." I mumbled. "It's not 'I wanna know what creature attacked US.' Its 'I wanna find out what creature tried to kill ME.' She's so self centred that she doesn't even care that we were attacked whilst saving her fucking ass." I groaned. "Calm down Leo." Tessa mumbled. "Leo?" Romell finally questioned. "Yeah, her name is Rebecca Rhianna Leonie Nelson so I call her Leo... I always have because I had trouble saying 'Rebecca' when I was younger." Tessa shrugged. "You get called a shortened version of your middle name often?" He asked me. I simply shook my head as I pushed myself to sit up.

Doctor Margo handed me my meds and discharged me. "Go careful Rebecca." She told me. "Can I start calling you the shortened version of your middle name?" Romell eventually asked me as we walked out of the hospital. "Like what?" I asked. "Anna?" He shrugged. "Call me what you want Teach, really." I told him. "Get in the Chevy girls. We'll take you back to the college." He told us. I nodded as I climbed into the back of his Chevy, Tessa followed suit. "Romell and I have been flirting... Is that bad?" She whispered to me as the guys stood outside the car talking. "He's hot... But yeah it's bad considering you have a boyfriend." I replied. "I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sure I'm happy with Jackson..." She grumbled. "Well he is an abusive jackass who doesn't deserve the amount of chances you've given him. If I were you I'd have left that sucker a long time ago." I told her bluntly. "Yeah, you're right. Pez has been telling me the same... He does hurt me but he always tells me that he's sorry and that he loves me... What do I do Leo?" She asked. "Leave the fucker. That's what you do. If you're not happy then you leave." I told her just as Romell and Turner got in the car. We immediately shut the conversation down and pretended we weren't talking at all as Romell began driving.