10

"Kiara, after breakfast, head into my study." The man, Hyun Ye Jun said.

We ate breakfast quietly. Though he claims to be my mother's husband, he is nothing but a stranger to me. Although my mom entrusted me with this man, again, he will never be anything more than a stranger to me.

He left for his study first, leaving me alone to dine.

After eating, I helped the maids clean the table, much to their protests. When we were finished with that, I went ahead and knocked in his office's mahogany door.
"Come in."

I entered, not saying anything but i'm actually quite surprised his office is nice and has a calm atmosphere. There were violins hanging on their stand. There were also violas and cellos also on their stands. A grand piano just beside a door that lead to the veranda. There were music sheets everywhere, some were crumpled and littered everywhere.

"Sit down." He pointed to a chair. I did. "How's school?" He started.

I didn't know why he cared but I answered anyway. "It's the usual." Not much of an answer, i'm aware. But that's all he's ever gonna get.

"Um... I see your not one to beat around the bush so lets get to the point...." Thank goodness. Please do so, I have more productive things to do than to stand here idly. "I'm sure you know i'm your mom's husband....."

"Yes, well, she wouldn't put me i. Your custody if she didn't trust you .." I said, a little harsh but i feel pissed today for no apparent reason at all.
I should be thankful he even let me stay here.

"Uh well, there's more to tell you... You're my child." He said.

I felt my heart rate pick up... i felt my chest tighten and I could hardly breath but I didn't show it in my face. I took a deep breath, forcing myself to calm down.

"Why am I not surprised..." I whispered. It really isn't surprising, like I said before, i already know, I just needed something to confirm everything. "Well thats the confirmation..." I mumbled, gripping the hem of my shirt.

I didn't dare look up. I couldn't.

"And i...." he started, his voice shaking and wavering a bit, I could feel it, he's nervous. "I talked about it with your mother's lawyer... Once she wakes up... I'll marry her. I'll marry her again."

At first I felt empty, then pissed and then now, I feel like an emotional wreck. "I wanted you to know, as our daughter, I wanted to get your blessing... I want to marry your mother again and I want you two to stay here with me. Like a true family should be."

My breathing was ragged. "Funny you mention family, Mr Hyun...." I chuckled dryly. I heard my voice and this isn't mine but I know its coming out of my own two lips. "Its none of my concern if you two marry each other, I just hope it won't bother me.... Also, I already like my surname..." I said but I wasn't close to finish yet.

"Growing up, I didn't understand why I didn't have a father. Why did god not bless me with a father?" I sobbed. Why on earth am I crying? I should be angry! "Well why did you leave?" I asked....

"Wait! Don't answer. Forget it.... In any case, you can marry my mother, you two can live happily ever after but don't expect me to call you dad... And don't ever expect me to look at you the same light you expect me to."

I bowed before leaving.

I was sobbing, my heart was beating so fast and I couldn't breath. When I got to my room, I locked the door and went straight to bed.

I took deep breaths but my chest tightened even more. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it. 8.04 am.
I called Jisung.

Ring
Ring
Ring...