35

Before anything else, enjoy reading 😊

Waking up after death, thats what it felt like when I opened my eyes. But maybe I am dead. So is this the after life?

I looked up at the bright lights on top of me. Artificial light.

It took me all my might just to look at the beeping sound beside me and it was a monitor. It keeps track of my life. And an IV was connected to my arm. I didn't want to remove that hy myself, I know how much it hurts and I tried it before.

Yeah, i'm totally alive but my body feels so painful like i've been a punching bag before the..... Fall....

"Daewon?"... I looked around but it looked like I was in a vip hotel suit and not a hospital room. I didn't know why I expected to see Daewon first in this room, asking me if I was alright and lecturing me about being safe and all that when he was the reason why I am here in the first place.

The door opened and I looked to the direction. A nurse was walking in holding a tray with new IV bag and needles and injections.
"Good day .." i said, earning her attention.

She looked up, wide eyed and saw me sitting there, giving her a little wave. In her shock she dropped her tray and ran outside to probably tell the others about me waking up.

In a matter of seconds nurses came and doctors came rushing in.

"Miss Kiara!!!" A doctor came to my side with a wide smile. "Please lie back down and relax, we will first check your vitals and everything."
I did as I was told and they checked everything, my eyes, my mouth, my breathing, my ability to recall what happened.... Everything....

"Congratulations on waking up." He smiled at me. "It was a long fight but you did it."

I looked at him in confusion. "How long... Was I here in this bed then?" I asked.

"Approaching 2 years." He answered in a grim expression.

".... 2 years..." What did I miss then? "That must explain why I can hear my bones creaking." I chuckled.

"Please rest easy, we will bring up some food and medicine in hear, we will also inform your guardian now." He said. Which brought me to my next question.

"Who's my guardian?" I asked...

"Mr Han." He said and left with the others.

I laid in bed and recalled the unfortunate incident that led me here. I can remember it so clear like it was just yesterday. After Daewon gave me the gun and told me to shoot him, I could see his eyes begging to do so. But I couldn't just shoot him. Thats when he hugged me tight and whispered "I'm sorry... Kiara... I really am.. I hope you forgive your stupid brother." He said before letting the both of us fall.

It was as if time stopped, he hugged me tight, with him below me. "I'll protect you and it'll be all over." He whispered and I saw tears in his eyes before he covered my eyes and hugged me tight. I don't recall hitting the ground. All I know is everything became black.

Stray Kids, I wonder how they are doing now...

The same nurse that found me awake came in with a tray of food and medicine beside it this time. "You know, I took care of you in this past two years." She smiled at me. "To be honest, I didn't think you'd be waking up.., nonetheless I enjoyed taking care of you...."

I smiled and thanked her.

"You know, nine boys have been coming to visit you. Although they are all busy, they're a kpop group you know." She said, injecting the iv fluid with some medicine and letting me eat. "Ahh those boys, specially Jisung, he would stay beside your bed for hours and just talking to you. They haven't come this month yet because of their work..."

"How are they?" I asked, chugging a bottle of water.

"They won a lot of awards. They have success next to them." She smiled.

"Oh we received a reply from Mr Han, he is on his way here."

"Is he by chance Jisung?"

"He couldn't be your guardian because of his work but his brother is." She smiled, sitting next to me. "He's nice, he visits you every weekend on his day off." She told me.

She asked me to just tell her if ever I need anything and since I miss him, I asked for a laptop I could use.

She seemed to know almost everyone around me because a minute later, Jisung's brother came and the next, came in Jordan and if I recall correctly, he's my secretary at the company...

"Kiara!" Jisung's brother hugged me. "Jisung will be so happy..." He smiled.

"Miss Lee!" The door opened and in came Jordan who was holding a laptop, already on and all. "We need you back at the company!! I'm so glad you're awake! I'm at your service!" He smiled like a little boy.

I smiled. "Jordan, will you get me some clean clothes please." I told him. He placed the laptop on the table beside my bed and saluted before running out again.

I smiled at Jisung's brother. He smiled so wide. He told me about what I missed when I was in a coma. He told me Jisung contributed in finding me when I was kidnapped. He told me all about Stray Kids' success and all. He told me that the higher ups in the Company took care of the company well when I was out and he managed to land a job in the company too.

"We'll help you get your life back on track." He smiled. "Actually, I think Stray Kids are here in the US to film something or something... I should tell Jisung now."

He grabbed his phone just as the door opened.

Jisung dropped the bags he was holding. When it dawned on him that I was awake and talking to his brother, he ran to me and wrapped me in a tight tight hug.

"Jisung..."

"Just let me hug you..." He whispered. I could feel him trembling and his breathing become ragged.

"I was gonna say, I missed you..." I smiled hugging him back. "But a hug is nice too."