9 ; "in a dream."

PARK JIMIN

cause ya'll know black haired Park Jimin is what people need to dream of at night.

5 years later..

"I trust you."

Jin had found his fallen last year. And because of the effect of what happened five years ago wasn't going down, I had no choice but to hand the reigns to my brother and his new partner.

I had trust in her. That she could justify our system just as well as Jin is able. I'm not supposed to be what high authority I am anyway. It always should've been Jin.

My brother looked at me with his jaw clenched. I was tired. Exhausted and drained out.

Leaving Chaeyoung.... was probably the most painful and difficult thing to do. Every being was starting to question my authority due to my sudden weakness and lack of interest. I was starting to even question my existence. I mean, hell. How can a demon feel so alone when they aren't meant to feel anything at all?

I haven't fed regularly either. I lost even interest in that. My skin had paled more so than before and my usual chubby cheeks had sunk in. I was left without character and I was left weak and unable. There are demons who've given up their humans but rarely. And most die from the after effects. It's kind of like what humans call depression. I felt no purpose in being what I was anymore. The sole reason I lost her was because of what I am.

I've never wanted to be human before because let's be honest here, humans are despicable creatures. But after losing her, that's all I could ever think of.

Being that perfect human for her. To grow old with her. To have kids and be happy with each other. Live in a house and do our own things. But how can a ruthless being like me ever be that for a perfect woman like Chaeyoung.

Fuck, I miss her.

"You do know you'd have to die for you to give up your status, right?" My brother was not pleased with my proposal and neither was his counterpart. "Jimin, are you out of your mind? This is not just something you can return to. You won't be able to return to this world. And you're doing this for a mere human?"

Mere human...

My human.

"Yes." I nodded leaning back in my chair. I shut my eyes taking a deep breath. "I know what decision I'm making and I'm making it for the sake of everyone else."

"Have you even talked to our father about this?" Jin scolded with a raised tone but I didn't react. "Stop being irrational for a moment and look at the outcome of what you're fucking deciding, Park Jimin."

My jaw clenched and I had brought the door open without moving a muscle. "If you disapprove of my choices, brother, I suggest you leave."

Jin stormed towards my desk and broke it in half from how hard he laid his hand on top of it. Upon that, my eyelids snapped open and he was fuming with anger. "You do not decide whether you die."