25 ; "no competition."

PARK JIMIN

.

I was in my space. Darkness surrounding me, fire burning in my soul.

Anger and hatred was consuming me right now and the last thing I wanted was to hurt Chaeyoung because of it.

"May I come in?"

That vampire really knows how to rile me up in all the wrong ways.

"If I let you in here, I can't guarantee you'll live." I commented darkly through harsh breaths.

"We can always leave our problems unresolved, Jimin, or we can compromise." He announced from the other side of the door making my jaw clench as well as my curling fists. "For the sake of your child. And Chaeyoung."

I hung my head defeatedly, feeling more and more spited by his defense. I let out a shaky breath of regret before snapping my fingers. The door to my bedroom opened widely and I pulled him in without cracking a joint. Namjoon grumbled patting down his coat and I rolled my eyes whilst getting off my desk.

"Don't get too comfortable." I warned him with a piercing glare.

"Trust me, I don't want to be here either."

"Then why are you?"

He shrugged and carefully stepped back. "Because I'm in love with your counterpart."

My reflexes kicked in and I held the vampire lord by the neck against the wall. My eyes sunk in revealing only a pit of pure darkness. He stared at me with all seriousness and i felt obliged to drop him. Painfully, I removed my fingers off his neck and pinched at my flesh to control my anger.

"She was never yours to love." I walked away from him playing with the cuffs of my long sleeve.

"Was she ever yours?"

I whipped around and blinked at him with pure disgust. "I don't need your opinion in my affairs."

"This is farther than your hatred for me, Jimin. This is for her safety and you know that I can protect her better than you." He reasoned calmly and I hissed out.

He was playing with me and though I manipulated well, he was just as great. It peeved me that he had always been my competition. Since birth.

"I won't give her to you. Not now and not ever." I made it very clear to him and I didn't hesitate to show off my own truer form.

He may have fangs and blood red eyes but I'm far scarier in person than he is. Even to a demon like me.

Let's just say mirrors are not my friend when my form is not so pleasing to the eye.

"We can't share." He blinked once, jaw clenched too. Our faces were inches apart, glaring threateningly into each other's eyes but it seemed none of us will back down.