[chapter 7] Detention

• EDITED •

??? POV

The sun shone on her face and she was getting that morning beauty feeling, just then she was pushed by her one and only mother.

"Ah!" Sohye fell off her bed and glared at her mother with her half-opened eyes.

"I was waking you up since I don't know a once upon a time," her mom exaggerated.

"You're late for school and your assembly will start at..." She checked her watch and continued, "20 minutes."

To that, Sohye's half-closed eyes shot open.

She quickly went to the washroom and brushed her teeth, patted her face with water and roughly dried her face and rubbed her cream on while wearing her uniform.

And how she ran, as her life depended on it with an untied shoe lace, and while tying her hair up into a pony tail.

Meanwhile...

He was pushed by his annoying cousin but he did not move. Then he was woken up when he felt a sticky liquid on his face, it was none other than his pet.

He woke up as he patted his fur. "Oh, hey Patchy." He then remembered something, took one glance at his alarm clock and shot right up.

(E/N: Ik where the author gets all these names smh)

He ran to the washroom, quickly changed and at the same time did his morning routine.

He and his cousin landed up running at the speed of light. As they ran to school, the two entered the school gate.

He bumped so hard to someone that they both fell back. "YAH! Look where you're going!" He yelled.

"I'm so sorry, it's just that I'm just late," the other person said. Realising who he or she was they both looked up and, the usual.

"Mingyu!"

"Sohye!"

But Sohye didn't want to waste any time so she quickly grabbed Mingyu's hand and they ran...

... Until they bumped into the teacher on duty, the school's coach or sports teacher.

"Are you guys late or are you guys late?" the coach asked. "Or... Are you guys skipping class?" He added.

"Sir, we were late," Sohye spoke. "And we will never skip classes," she added.

"Well then... I'm sure you know but you guys will receive DETENTION after school," he said with a sigh.

"Tell me your name and class so I can inform your class teacher," the coach said, and then asked them to fill up the form.

Just as they finished filling the form the coach then again spoke up. "You two are freshmen and yet you guys are getting late."

He sarcastically clapped, then said, "But it's okay cause it's high school. If you're not going to enjoy right now, when are you going to enjoy?" He then patted both of their shoulders and off he went.

"Well, there it goes," Mingyu said, a shocked expression plastered on his face. On the other hand, Sohye didn't know how to react as it was her first time getting detention.

"And one more thing!"

The two jumped as they saw the coach walking facing backwards in a stylish way.

"Since you two don't have anything to do now till the assembly ends... I hope you don't mind helping the librarian."

"Sure. Kamsahabnida, sonsaeng-nim," they both said, but as soon as the coach was out of sight both fell to the floor, tired from all the running.