[chapter 8] Detention pt 2

• EDITED •

Continuation...

Mingyu's POV

The classroom door burst open, scaring me and Sohye.

It was the coach. "Well hello there," he said, and handed me a bucket and a bottle which had 'for toilet things' written on it. He gave two mops to Sohye.

"It will be boring just to stay here sitting and doing nothing while you get your phone taken," Mr. Park said with a smile.

Then he showed us an empty container, and as if Sohye and Mr Park talked through minds, Sohye quickly nudged my side.

"O-Oh sorry, my bad..." I said, obviously looking uneasy while I placed my precious iPhone in the container.

Mr. Park aka the coach looked at Sohye with a raised eyebrow. "Oh, Coach-nim I don't have my phone as I forgot to bring it today, I was running late." she said smiling a little bit.

"You sure about that?" Mr. Park once again asked.

"A hundred and one percent sure, sonsaeng-nim." she replied confidently.

"Well... Now you two will clean the toilets, but in this level only." Mr. Park smiled to himself and walked us to the toilet.

"Now if you clean well today, you don't need to clean it tomorrow," Mr. Park gave us an okay sign and pushed us inside.

Author's POV

They first both went to the girls' toilet to clean. There wasn't much of a stench much, but there were many lipstick and eyeliner smudges at the side of the basins.

"Hey, aren't you a boy?" Sohye asked Mingyu. "So? There are aren't any other girls in here so I don't care," he repiled.

Sohye nodded in agreement and wiped the makeup smudges away while Mingyu splashed some water and some of the chemical liquid from the bottle.

Then they begun to clean the floor of the toilet. After they finished washing the girls toilet floors, they moved on to the boys toilet.

The stench was terrible.

"Do you guys even pee properly?" Sohye asked, disgust laced in her voice as she pinched her nose.

"I do, but some even play with it and some do it on the wall," Mingyu said with a shrug, like it wasn't a big deal.

Sohye looked at him with even more disgust and began mopping, Mingyu following her actions.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!" Mingyu screamed while running towards Sohye, hiding behind her.

He pointed to a corner with the mop. "Th-there's something there," Mingyu said as he gripped Sohye's shoulders in fear.

Sohye being scared herself thought to herself, it's okay... Have courage.

She walked slowly facing the corner that Mingyu had pointed to...

... Revealing a large red cockroach.

Sohye didn't know what to do as she herself was scared, she ran back into one of the toilets and brought a tissue with her when she came out.

She managed to quickly grab the cockroach and threw it outside the window. And Mingyu, dear old Mingyu who was holding on to Sohye's blazer ever so tightly for dear life.

"Thank you for that," Mingyu said cheekily as he breathed out and ruffled Sohye's hair.

"Welcome," Sohye replied, nervously. "Geez... What a scaredy cat you are?" She mumbled, but loud enough for Mingyu to hear and glare at her.