[chapter 9] Seventeen

• EDITED •

Sohye's POV

Today was a holiday. I was so happy to the point that I was smiling when I suddenly got up from bed remembering that I have to see Ga-in off at the airport.

I quickly dressed up with just something simple, denim shorts and a black shirt. As I was running towards the particular door I shouted, "Mom! I'm leaving so I can meet Ga-in at her house, we talked about it yesterday!"

Mom had just woken up and she was startled because of my shouting.

"Huh? Okay, come back home before it's dark," she said in a sleepy voice.

I ran towards Ga-in's house, lucky me I was right on time. She was placing her luggage in the car.

Ga-in was surprised, what do you expect. "Sohye you made it!" She said, hugging me tightly.

"Y-yah, you're crushing my bones," I said patting her on the shoulder.

"Oh sorry, it's just that I don't want to leave you yet," she said with tears forming in her eyes yet again.

"Wait here for a minute okay?" She went into the car and took out two bags.

"That's for you." She smiled. "I wanted to go and shop together but you couldn't so I got you something. I thought it would match you," she added.

I was speechless, I didn't know what to do as I was so thankful that she was the first one who I befriended when I transferred here.

"I can't accept it," I said as I returned the bag. "You have to, or else I'll feel bad," she argued.

"Well, I don't take anything for free," I took off the bracelet which I was wearing and wore it on her.

"From my side," I said smiling. "Okay Ga-in, time to leave." Her mother came out of the house, locking it.

"Oh annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Oh," I said, giving my best bow.

"You want to come with us to see her off?" She asked me. "If you don't mind," Ga-in added.

"Of course, you're my friend," I said, getting in the car.

After seeing Ga-in off, Ga-in's mother eventually let me take a taxi after arguing with her, which was about who to let me go with... With their driver, or to take a taxi.

But at last I won, of course. I asked the taxi driver to reach me off to Dalkkom café as there was lots of time for me to spend.

At Dalkkom café, I met three people whom I never expected to meet. It was the three princes of my school.

I couldn't believe my eyes, the three great Kenibal princes were wearing sports shoes, shorts and T-shirts.

After I had ordered my Latté I heard some one call out for me. "Oh hey Sohye! Come here," Mingyu called out.

I literally groaned, how I wished he didn't call me.

And just as I expected, he was still waving.

I pushed away my negative thoughts, made my way there and sat in front of Wonwoo, as for him he just looked at me with a blank face and then went back to his phone. Next to him was Hansol and both seemed to be playing games together.

"So why are you here today?" Mingyu asked me. "I was sending Ga-in off," I said, not looking up from the table.

"Really? That's bad cause you'll be lonely," Mingyu said giving me a knowing look.