nineteen | phil

Despite almost everyone he knew always hating their birthdays, Phil was rather fond of his. A whole day, all to yourself, presents, cake, family, and now friends. Nothing could be better honestly, plus, Cornelia promised to come over for his birthday which meant his brother and niece would be in a good mood today as well.

"Phil, come on, get up!" Marytn called. "I know it's Saturday but it's also your birthday!"

He groaned a bit, but the smell of pancakes made him arise from his  bed and into the kitchen.

"Happy birthday Philly!" Sarah ran to give him a hug. "I haven't got any money, but I made you a crown." She grabbed two pieces of paper put together by tape off the table and handed it to Phil.

He put it on and Sarah sqealed with joy. "Mum's coming over at three," she reminded him. "So don't be late."

Phil held up his pinky promising not to be late she took it and skipped over to the table.

"Whipped cream, carmel syrup, blueberries and chocolate chips in the pancakes, I'd say I out did myself." Marytn claimed.

"Yeah, thank you Pop." Sarah said digging into her pancakes.

Phil poured his coffee and sat down at the table to eat.

"You can be with your friends till three, then it's family time." His brother said giving him a pointed look.

Phil nodded as Martyn went on. "I didn't know what to get you, since you did tell me anything, so you better be happy mister."

Phil nodded and almost moaned as he bit into his pancakes. Martyn sure did know how to make them, he never failed to make Phil happy.

"Happy seventeenth Phil." He said softly.

Sarah stole Martyn's coffee and took a sip. "Hallelujah."
______________________________________

Once he finished his breakfast Sandwich popped up just as Phil hopped in the shower.

"Phil, Dan's here!" Sarah yelled. "So hurry up."

Phil rolled his eyes, he's never had a little sister but his niece was the closest thing he had to one and damn Zoe was right. Having a  younger sibling was annoying.

"He says he doesn't mind, never mind!" She yelled back again.

Phil quickly took his shower and was out within five minutes. He looked into the mirror and saw that his hair was getting shaggy, too shaggy. He could almost hear his mother scolding him. Lifting up his strands of hair with exaggerated disgust, claiming his hair grew out way to fast. He felt a pang in his chest and got dressed even faster.

"Look, I've made Dan a crown too," Sarah showed Dan off. "Hey, put yours back on."

Phil obliged getting his from the bin were he originally put it, he put it on and was quickly out the door. He grabbed Dan's hand and tumbled down the stairs.

"You guys are a happy bunch today." Dan noticed. For some reason his boyfriend decided it was a good idea to start wearing his hoods up. Phil hated it, he could never properly see his face.

Phil shrugged, wishing he would have brought his journal along so he could ask Dan where they were heading.

As if reading his mind he told him they were going to Zoe's. "She's the only one with a car."

The walk to Zoe's house wasn't to long but Phil felt it partially had to do with Dan being there. He bragged about how he had the best present ever.

"The first ones a bore, but the last one is fucking awesome, you'll love it."

Phil wanted to comment on what Dan was saying, which continued to always be weird. Even if Dan couldn't hear, Phil wanted to tell him everything. Maybe he'd talk again one day, to his friends and family. Though Dan couldn't hear him, he knew he would love if he talked again.